E-PL2 housing????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok the housing I just got for the E-PL2 has little plugs where the strobes go in......Already I see problems with losing them. I had the case in the sink testing, and when I pulled it out, the plug was floating in the sink. Do I attach them some how????

I lost one on my EPL-1 housing, drilled a hole in the other and stuck my optical fibre in it.

I'm sure that's what it is meant for..I'm just not sure I need to worry about losing the cap. I think I will take them off for now...

The owner manual says to trim the plugs so as to open a hole for the fiber cable. But, you have to be very careful when trimming the plugs for to open the hole at the back in. Just a little and they are too loose and fall out. I lost one this way and learned my lesson. Best bet is to not trim at all but use a sharp object to simply poke a hole for the cable. Then they stay nice and tight.

Shoot, mine already fall out...
Hey Guy
Did you find a pdf version of the manual?

61151.jpg

Fantasea Line produce these......I use them for my E-PL1 housing!

Wow Thanks All...And Yup...lost 1 already....First dive was great with the E-pl2.. I do pix later

Hi Cheddar,

The plugs should only be used with the fiber optic cords attached. Once the plug is pushed onto the fiber cord it will not fall off of the fiber cord, so even if it falls out of the optical port in the housing it should not get lost. You can just plug it back into the housing and keep on shooting. I have never lost one in over 2000 dives shooting with fiber cords, however it never hurts to buy a spare for a trip with the camera.

Phil Rudin

Back
Top Bottom