E-PL3 and old Nikonos strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erbedo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I found an old Nikonos 50 strobe. Is it possible to use it through fiber optic cable with my E-PL3? Do you know which connector can be used?

SB 50's are only TTL, so now. If you are looking for something that works will and is cost effective look for a Sea&Sea YS-03 or a INON S2000.

Sadly I was afraid of that.

Yes I'll have to look into something else. I am for the "Buy once, buy forever", so maybe I'll look into something even more powerful than that. Was just thinking whether I could make a use of what I had already at home.

I am pretty pragmatic myself. I still have my Calypso and Nikonis II along with a Giddings flash.

Having said that I have had two INON Z-240's since I bought my first E series 11 years ago. They still work flawlessly through E series, two OM-D's, and a TG-4. The S2000 has a lower guide number than the Z-240 but is PLENTY of power with one or two of them.

Attachments

• 841077_525868567433711_1889740368_o.jpg
    841077_525868567433711_1889740368_o.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 146
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom