ear noises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaandplanes

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have found that diving in cool water, below 75 degrees, is hard on my ears. What do you think about using the vented earplugs?? Now, since my sore ear from quarry diving, I hear a crackling sound after I have been down for 15 minutes or more. What is this. Its real loud but dosent hurt at all, and when I surfuce it goes away. Thanks for any answers.

I'm not sure, but one thing i'd recommend, is to talk with your physician just to make sure everything is ok. When your there, ask him if temperature changes in the inner ear, could cause the bones to move or grind together (while expanding and contracting), or if the ear drum could do so, and cause what your describing. Changes in bloodflow, or vessel size, due to the cold. either in the drum, or close to it might also be something you can mention.

I've had something simular, but it was while my ears were trying to equalize (very slowly), when I descend too fast.

-----

Mike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom