Ear question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For about the past 2 weeks or so when I am eating my right eat hurts... It does not seem to be all the time. I just finished lunch and I honestly cant remember it hurting, but for example last night at diner it took me some extra time to eat because my ear hurt so bad... I just did some diving this past weekend and I had no problems clearing my ears, and I was having this problem the week before. So my question is Who do I go and see??? Is it an ear problem or a jaw problem??? Just curious if anyone else has had this issue... It does not hurt real badly, but it is pretty annoying....

Thanks
Phil

Well I just stuck a piece of gum in my mouth to see if it hurt or not and it does not now... I do hear so crackling in my ear though everytime I open my mouth while chewing. Well as I am chewing normally, when my jaw is about all the way open I hear that crackling sound...

Weird

Phil

Well I just stuck a piece of gum in my mouth to see if it hurt or not and it does not now... I do hear so crackling in my ear though everytime I open my mouth while chewing. Well as I am chewing normally, when my jaw is about all the way open I hear that crackling sound...

Weird

Phil

Pain in the ear is often from ear problems (like middle ear infections, barotrauma or swimmer's ear). On the other hand, jaw problems like TMJ syndrome, or sometimes pain in the mouth or throat can cause ear problems as well.

Can't tell without someone taking a look! I would start with an ENT doctor.

Thanks... I guess I will contact DAN and see about finding an ENT around me that knows a bit about diving too... I am sure that anyone could help with this problem but if I am going to go to one I might as well find a diver...

I was thinking TMJ, after doing some research, but I really have no idea... It has not botherd me the rest of the evening... I did feel a pop in my jaw a little while after my second post, I have no idea if that had anything to do with it or not though...

Thanks
Phil

Back
Top Bottom