Earn up to $50/hr finding golf balls in water hazards on local golf courses.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beach Junkie;

From what I've read on the subject, you can basically go to any golf course and ask them if you can do it. If you don't have permission (usually with a contract) it's considered stealing and you can get into some sorts of trouble for it. Also, if you don't have permission, the dude who does will get really mad if he finds you in his water hazzards.

If you're really interested, give a few courses a call and ask them how to get into it, i'm sure they'd help a fellow out.

Anyone else notice that the original poster hasn't made any other posts?

ya, i went gold ball diving with a buddy of mine back in June at the local course, we ended collecting about 30,000 balls in about 2 weeks, we had to pay the club 25$ a week, to dive there, and we resold the balls to the club at $0.25 each. Made some great cash, enough to pay my new speeding ticket off and still have enough for the rise in insurance,

and BTW i love how the original poster is now AWAL when all htese ppl want to do it.

and i will never do it again simple reason of, everytime you move or put your hand in hte water the "swamp gases" are released and i would go home smelling like a fart each nite.

I was thinking of using my old 3 inch gold dredge.
It would suck up all the stuff and filter it through the sluice, you could add a bucket catch at the end for the balls. They would get washed off by all the water flow, sludge would return to the water.. heck you might even find gold in them thar ponds. rings that is... gold rings... Ok Now I am getting silly..

I even PM'd the original poster and have not gotten any response. Seems like a hit and run poster.

Yeah, the swamp gases can be interesting and impossible to wash out of some materials. Diving a Viking vulcanized rubber suit with latex hood and full-face is the best way to go. Depending on the course there is also the possibility of about 75% of that 'silt' being duck crap. I've done some diving in golf courses, flooded mines, and various other mud holes for the Sheriff's Office. I never thought of collecting the balls for cash while I'm down there though. I also saw a lot of golf clubs down there, those would be worth some cash too if they didn't break them in half before throwing them in. Certainly possible to make some cash this way, but you'd be really working for it. Good luck!

Randy

Diving in waste treatment plants is safer and pays better.
:eyebrow:

Diving in waste treatment plants is safer and pays better.
:eyebrow:

I am a CPA - one of my clients is a company that cleans municipal sewage systems.

The divers clean them by hand.

No ************* way would I do it !

Please contact me i need more information about this job. i live in Tampa Florida and i have advance open water working for be a dive master

Thank you

My email Patriciobm5@yahoo.com

I am moving to Honduras in 6 months and am looking for every possible way to bolster my bank account. This sounds perfect! I am available immediately... Can you please send me as much info as possible? My name is Troy and am looking forward to hearing from you asap. Please email my other account as well at troy_slife@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom