Ears full after doing handstands in pool !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Secondly he had an electronic device which he inserted into my left nostril and i had to hold my right nostril while he activated it and it would push air through my nose and i had to swallow as the same time to get the air to flow through my eustachian tubes into my midle ear . This took some practice but he was a really patient guy...

Did the Doc tell you what that procedure is called?

Wow, what an ordeal!
For the experts following, is it a bad idea to try a little alcohol in the ear to both break surface tension and lower the viscosity of the trapped water?
It's worked for me, post dive.
No. Many divers use alcohol or a mixture with a high percentage of alcohol to clear their outer ears.
But in this case here, it wasn't the outer ear that was clogged but the middle ear.

I think the device was like a middle ear pressure popper designed to relieve negative pressure and force out any blockages. I didn't have a huge ammount of wax in that ear just a slight lump at the bottom of the eardrum which he wanted to remove so he could fully see the drum. Anyways it's post 5 days and im fine thank god , no bad effects no tinitus and hearing is fantastic. so relieved..hard to explain just how much and i truly sympathize with anyone with tinnitus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom