Ease of diving and relative depths in Saba StKitts and question about sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question: how many dives per day / week are typically offer on the Saba/ St Kitts itinerary ??

Like most liveaboards in the Caribbean, I would tend to think 4 in the day and one at night except for the last day which is usually one or two early in the morning and then return to port.

The majority of dives aboard our vessels are offered at scheduled times, up to 5 times daily. This is to allow adequate surface intervals, provide the option for guided dives on as many sites as possible, and allow the vessel to travel on a schedule to different locations. It also permits us to offer island tours on the island which we visit, and to work within the guidelines of the marine parks in which we dive.

Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Liveaboard Diving - NECaribbean FAQ

Had a great time on the CXII the week of March 21/28. Great conditions overall, and lots of turtles, rays and healthy reef life. Attentive captain and crew and great food from the galley. 27/27 dives for the week, which is, I believe, one more than on offer by the Aqua Cat. No hesitation recommending this live aboard which has a faithful following of return divers.

Had a great time on the CXII the week of March 21/28. Great conditions overall, and lots of turtles, rays and healthy reef life. Attentive captain and crew and great food from the galley. 27/27 dives for the week, which is, I believe, one more than on offer by the Aqua Cat. No hesitation recommending this live aboard which has a faithful following of return divers.

ontdiver - just curious, what kind of water temps did you experience ?? Also, are the dives done at moored sites, or is it drift diving, or some of both ??

Thanks in advance!

A couple of questions re: Saba/St Kitts: What is typical weather / seas for February ? And water temps during the same timeframe??

Thanks in advance !

A couple of questions re: Saba/St Kitts: What is typical weather / seas for February ? And water temps during the same timeframe??

Thanks in advance !

Well, don't quote me on the weather, but you can generally expect mid to high 80's as far as air temp in February. Winter is generally a bit windier and seas a bit higher, but our diving is tailored to the conditions and we'll be able to find calmer sites. If the seas are a bit lumpier, the major effect will be on the two crossings between islands during the week, and the longest is under 3 hrs. The great part about the winter months is that the viz is generally higher.

As far as water temp, low to mid 70's is about normal -

Hope this helps!

Best,

- Clay

Well, don't quote me on the weather, but you can generally expect mid to high 80's as far as air temp in February. Winter is generally a bit windier and seas a bit higher, but our diving is tailored to the conditions and we'll be able to find calmer sites. If the seas are a bit lumpier, the major effect will be on the two crossings between islands during the week, and the longest is under 3 hrs. The great part about the winter months is that the viz is generally higher.

As far as water temp, low to mid 70's is about normal -

Hope this helps!

Best,

- Clay

Sounds awesome... thanks Clay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom