Easiest/Cheapest place to rent tanks on Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairbanksdiver:
Yeah, I'm thinking the $40 rental card from Maui Dive Shop will be the best bet. That'll give me several locations to pick up tanks from, and the price is good as well.

And heck, if you were checking out the Black Rock tank rental thread... MDS has a Whaler's Village location as well.

-B.

You know it might almost be worth the parking stall just to rent one there... I'll think about that next time I do black rock...

Tim

Question is, does the Whaler's Village location do tank rentals / fills? I remember it being smaller than most hole-in-the-wall's with no room for the necessary tank fill gear. :)

on the Lahaina side Maui Dive shops just drop their tanks off at pacific each evening and have them filled for them - saves the trouble of maintaining a compressor/staff for filling. But even the Canary mall location has a few tanks (usually)

fairbanksdiver:
Yeah, I'm thinking the $40 rental card from Maui Dive Shop will be the best bet. That'll give me several locations to pick up tanks from, and the price is good as well.

And heck, if you were checking out the Black Rock tank rental thread... MDS has a Whaler's Village location as well.

-B.

The Maui Dive Shop tank rental is not the best. It is the most expensive. They will also charge you if you take the tank out and don't dive and hold it over for a second day. Then it will be two tanks charged on the card.
Maui Dreams Dive Co. is the best place to rent tanks on the South side.

Does anyone rent PST E7-80/100 or similar tanks on Maui. An extra special bonus would be if they were nitrox! Since I dive a 5mm full I could use a steel tank but still need a little extra lead so the turtle wouldn't be a problem.

Aerodog -- contact Maui Dreams... I know they rent Nitrox tanks, but I don't know about the PST part. :)

KrisB:
Aerodog -- contact Maui Dreams... I know they rent Nitrox tanks, but I don't know about the PST part. :)

Yep, already have the tap air and nitrox air cards at Maui Dreams. I've jokingly asked Don for steel tanks many times but for some reason I always leave with alum. :)

I know they have a AL100 (HP i think) for rent but that puppy is heavy and big!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom