Easy Access Schedule Puerto Galera Ferry Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there in March but didn't need an ATM that trip as I was only there for a week. I didn't know about the one in Big Apple. That's good information :)

Yes, the ATM at Big Apple is the most dependable in the area, but not dependable enough that I would rely upon it. Always withdraw or convert enough cash from Manila before proceeding across to PG/Sabang.

I've never had a problem getting cash at one of the ATM's in Puerto Galera town myself. I realize that can depend on your bank as not all cards work in all ATM's. I remember one trip when another diver and I split a trike and we went to 3 different ATM's before he found one that worked for him.

Generally I bring enough cash with me, but when I've been there for long-term stays (longest was almost 6 weeks) that's not practical. I'm only going to be there 4 days next month before I transfer to Anilao. I'll bring enough for both and then will visit an ATM in Manila on my way to the ferry terminal on January 1st.

For those using credit cards there's also an ATM inside El Galleon (at the back of the restaurant) that was working the whole time I was there in March.

@Scandi Divers thanks for this info. Which resorts are running their own transfer boats now? I know Asia Divers/El Galleon does - I take it you do too. Who are the other two?

Things are starting to improve with the steady ferry service. I was in Batangas Port for just 2 hours recently and 4 boats traveled to Puerto Galera in that time. There are also 4 private boats that are operational going direct to the resorts as well.

When I was going from Mermaids Resort in Sabang to Blue Ribbon in Anilao last month, they offered me the option of a private boat transfer, but the cost was, IIRC, $180, and I was alone, so I opted for public transport.

Regarding the ATMs, it's only a matter of your bank or card being accepted. I find it usually comes down to the machine being empty/out of cash or not having communication to its network to process the transaction.

For those using credit cards there's also an ATM inside El Galleon (at the back of the restaurant) that was working the whole time I was there in March.
Unfortunately, this ATM has been removed since then.
The staff from El Galleon told me only Big Apple kept an ATM in Sabang.

The front desk at our hotel in Sabang about 10 days ago (Lalaguna Villas, or LLV) told us the only working ATM in Sabang had been removed permanently a few days before. They said we had to take a trike to other town to get cash. We were in Big Apple twice, and I don't recall seeing one there. This is all FYI...not intended to be definitive...and your mileage may vary.

Johncn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom