Easy Manual White Balance on Canon T2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arkstorm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I shoot video on my Canon T2i/550D DSLR and want to share how easy it is to manually set white balance with this camera. While it is certainly not as convenient as a a one touch white balance button, it is still not very difficult.

1. First thing first, while in movie mode use the quick control menu to set the white balance option to "Custom".

2. Now, with the camera still in movie mode, snap a still photo of something white like the sand, or better yet, if you carry a white slate or white board. Make sure the white object completely fills the spot metering square in the center of the picture.

3. Next, press the Menu button and scroll to the second camera menu. Select "Custom White Balance" and scroll to the photo you just took and select "OK".

Done and done. Now repeat steps 2 and 3 each time your depth or lighting changes, or better yet, right before each shot.

Check out this video which details this process precisely: YouTube - How to Set the Custom White Balance on a Canon T2i DSLR

- Cheers

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom