Ebay listing. Supposed 149CF LP tank.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chugwhump

Contributor
Reaction score
SE Florida, the flattest part, I can see Mount Pom
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Quote from the listing:
"This is a 149 Cubic Foot SCUBA tank. The tank is rated as Low Pressure (2250)"

Steel 149 CF LP SCUBA tank - eBay (item 250675215447 end time Aug-29-10 21:36:19 PDT)

I could be very wrong on this, but I do not think there is a LP 149 on this planet.

I do own a 3442 Faber 149 myself.

Nevertheless.....
Here is the item on Ebay should anyone be interested.

The single 149cf I have is all I need for shore diving.

Chug
Wants to be possibly enlightened.

Chug,

I have this chart, and it does include a 149 cf tank. However, as you can see, it is a high pressure tank.

STEEL CYLINDERS* Manufacturer & Nominal Capacity Service pressure, psi Actual air capacity, cu. Ft. (at +10%) Outer diameter, in Length without valve, in Empty weight, lbs Buoyancy Empty, lbs (w/valve) Buoyancy Full, lbs (w/valve)
E8-149 3442 PSI 149 8 29.37 47.5 -1.7 -12.8

Chug,

This sounds like it might be a one of a kind thing.....you should offer to pay double so nobody else gets their hands on it before you :D.

Thanks Joy.
Steve...
Doncha' think a LP149 might be freaking HUGE!
But think of the gas in it if I put a cave fill on it.
2250 to 3300+!!!
Well over 225 CF of gas!!

Chug
Loves his 149 for shore dives, 'cause 4 hours submerged sometimes is not enough.

Heck the HP 149 is taller than I am and weighs almost as much as I do. I've got a friend in SoCal with those and I refused to lift it into & out of the fill basin. I can't imagine the size ladder I would need just to attach the fill whip to that LP149. :)

From the numbers listed, it does appear to be a LP 149.......but we are talking about Heiser...the makers of the 190 cf tank...

Chug I have four of these and fill with 40%, so I can fast fill my doubles to a nitrox that I will dive. I dove them once I bought the first one and used it then nitrox filled. went to michigan and used it to fill liftbag to bring a insurance burnt boat up, that tank still used for lift bags. got four more for nitrox bank.

Happy Diving

Posting #12 in this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tanks-valves-bands/187958-anybody-got-heiser-190-a-2.html

I am thinking that Heisers are industrial tanks.

Chug
Ain't going there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom