Ebay scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jblack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
5 rebreathers listed on ebay are a scam 2AP's jj, kiss, and a revo watch out says its in georgia ...... they send you an invoice that looks official but its bs. i did not get suckered but went through all the listings says buy it now for 1000.00 then send money gram to england....... beware All!!!

It's amazing what's out there! I'm trying to buy a 6x10 trailer for track days and most ads are plain scams....Its easy to tell after initial contact....not sure how people fall for these.

One would think Craig's list is supported by Nigeria :)

I responded to the OP's identical posting on the Cave Diver's Forum. It is not obvious that this is a scam.
The ebay posting is
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inspiration-...sAAOSwwvZZWgrd
it leads to this store:
http://stores.ebay.com/STEVES-TOYS-A...p2047675.l2563
with these rebreathers
http://stores.ebay.com/STEVES-TOYS-A...nkw=rebreather

Not sure where the OP got the $1000 price tag....these all appear to be on auction with many days left.
The guy who runs the store is at steveh974 on eBay not clear if this is a scam or not.
He is located in the UK.

ADDED: Yes, this appears to be a scam....comparing five different rebreathers the guy is selling, the reasons, and his methodology, he is not on the up and up.

I have reported to eBay all five RBs the guy is listing. Perhaps you should too.

Last edited:
Even though it says Georgia in the listing click on the sellers feedback number and it shows United Kingdom. Tons of Ebay sellers from China do the same thing by listing a U.S. address but ship from China. I never buy from a seller who can't even be honest in their listings.

5 rebreathers listed on ebay are a scam 2AP's jj, kiss, and a revo watch out says its in georgia ...... they send you an invoice that looks official but its bs. i did not get suckered but went through all the listings says buy it now for 1000.00 then send money gram to england....... beware All!!!

I think about the only time I saw a "money gram" request that was legitimate was from Chinese manufacturers. That seems to be the standard way they do it, but I still don't trust it. I usually pay with PayPal. If I get ripped off I'm covered by PayPal, my credit card, and/or eBay. It did happen to me once and I got a full refund.

I reported these as well. Regardless of anything else, he is trying to cheat eBay. They are listed as auction items but the description says it is "Buy It Now" pricing. eBay has a commission they charge on buy it now and the man is at minimum trying to weasel out of it.

As @MaxBottomtime says, if they lie about this, what else are they lying about ....

Not seeing any scuba stuff in his listings, so he may have cancelled those listings. Or moved them to different ebay vendor account.

I reported these as well. Regardless of anything else, he is trying to cheat eBay. They are listed as auction items but the description says it is "Buy It Now" pricing. eBay has a commission they charge on buy it now and the man is at minimum trying to weasel out of it.

As @MaxBottomtime says, if they lie about this, what else are they lying about ....
He could have had a Buy It Now price but as soon as someone makes the minimum bid the BIN price goes away.

No,
He could have had a Buy It Now price but as soon as someone makes the minimum bid the BIN price goes away.
No, the BIN was not part of the eBay system. It was added in text below, with the offer to cancel the auction and any bids if someone would pay the $1000. That alone violates ebay standards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom