Eddy fins sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at purchasing a pair of Eddy fins but I am unsure of the size to order. I will be using them with a pair of size 12 DUI rock boot.
Does anyone know what size to order?

Thanks foe any information.

I am looking at purchasing a pair of Eddy fins but I am unsure of the size to order. I will be using them with a pair of size 12 DUI rock boot.
Does anyone know what size to order?

Thanks foe any information.
I wear an 8.5 shoe, can use the size L with a pair of Chuck Taylors, barely. You would need at least XL!

I just got my XLs. With 6.5mm size 13 booties, they fit fine. I haven’t dived with them yet, but they feel like they will work fine.

For drysuit diving, I have size 15 Converse, and again they feel fine.

I can send a few pictures if you think it would help. I meant to order L originally, but glad I’m I
went with XL.

Hope this helps.

I am a 9.5 and wear a L both wet/dry. Chris @ 10.5 wears the L wet, and XL dry. The XL is generally good for up to size 13.

I wear Fourth Element Pelagics in a size 11 and the XL fins fit like Cinderella's slipper! Prior to buying I discussed my boots and size with @cerich and the recommendation was spot on.

I have a size 10.5 foot, D/E width, very high arch. Bought the XL.

DUI Turbo Soles fit great.

Hard sole boots on my Diving Concepts suit also fit great.

This is a very versitile foot pocket. I never thought something would out perform my Dive Rite XTs in this department but, for my foot, the Deep6 win for fittment.

Haven't tried thin booties yet, but will likely just find a bootie that fits these fins rather than the other way round.

Size 12 DUI Rock boot is on the cusp of XXL. Like the Hollis rock boot, it gets 'tall' rather early on (close to the toes). Your foot won't make it all the way into the boot... an XL will probably work, but the spring will be stretched and you might consider it to be too tight for your comfort. On the flip side, our XXL will definitely work, but it will have a little play...
I would honestly suggest going with the XXL... For reference, I've included a picture of our XXL's in a size 12 rock boot (rock boot brand excluded of course, since they're not ours :wink: )

eddy_rockboot12.jpg

Since the subject of the thread is sizing...

I wear U.S. 8.5, so I got the small Eddy fins to go with Seac 5mm U.S. 8-10 boots. Fits solid, though my toes feel a tiny bit jammed forward? I think I read that the fins are shipped with the springs as loose as possible, so I don't think I can adjust further. (I don't think I will worry about them slipping off.) There's a "grove" on the Seac boots for where I think the heel handle goes, but the heel handles feel more comfortable a little lower, where the boot heel material is thicker.

I've yet to dive with the fins.

who the hell is eddy?? Hi M!!

I’m a 13, in wetsuit boots (thick soles) I’m good in an XL, for any of my dry boots I need to use the XXL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom