Edge Epic v Epic 2012 v EXP v HOG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for the feedback. I was all ready to go with the Epic 2012 set up, primarily due to the availablility of a a yoke first stage but now I see I can get the new HOG D3/Zenith combo for just about the same money.

What are the upsides/downsides to each set up?

Thanks again - getting close!

Phil

get the one you like the look of, you will be happy. Seriously, you wil be happy, we don't make a reg taht isn't a awesome breather. If uou are diving cold get a cold version, otherwise whichever.

get the one you like the look of, you will be happy. Seriously, you wil be happy, we don't make a reg taht isn't a awesome breather. If uou are diving cold get a cold version, otherwise whichever.

Thanks. I ordered a new D3/Zenith set with Edge Escape Octo and, just to keep it in the family, a HOG SPG. Will let you know how I get on with it.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I don't own an Edge or HOG regulator but I have owned many Apeks regulators over the years and the Edge/HOG regulators seem to be clones of Apeks. They should provide excellent breathing characteristics, certainly at recreational depths, probably even at technical depths. The Edge models are better suited to your diving activities and are cheaper. The newest model just got a rave review in one of the latest dive magazines.

Hose routing, turret and length of the 1st will you may find is an issue that you'll deal with. These are personal choices and different applications of each to
type of diving and overall gear setup may apply.

You will love both D3/Zenith and the Epic '12 for both reasons and great breathability/adjustability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom