Edge Epic vs HOG D1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to purchase one of these two regs. I see that the Edge Epic 2012 sells for $249, while the HOG D1 Classic can be had for $179. Whats the difference between the two, to warrant the higher price for the Edge. Thanks.

I'd split the difference and get the Hog D3, which fixes the design issues of the D1, and I'm speaking as an owner of the D1.

The Edge Epic 2012 is usually sold as a first stage and second stage together with a low pressure hose. The HOG D1 is a first stage only. The Edge is not a higher price at all. If you were to add the cost of a HOG second stage to the D1 it would be more money then the Edge Epic 2012. Both regulators are high performance, quality products. The Edge is considered the recreational line, while the HOG is considered to be the technical line of company's regulators. For this reason, I typically sell the Edge regulators with a yoke fitting and the HOG regulators with a DIN fitting and an environmental seal (cold water) kit.

EDGE Epic 2012 Regulator Set w/Cold Kit

HOG D1 Fist Stage w/ Cold Kit

Looks like we've got the pricing squared away. Does the Edge offer anything more than the HOG to warrant the $70 higher price? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom