Edge Epic Yoke to DIN Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a photo of an old 1st generation Epic kit. The current Epic kit also works in the D2. The difference between it and the D 1 kit is a couple more o rings for the turret and a different filter. The new Epics have the orifice machined into the body and they are metal.

That's a photo of an old 1st generation Epic kit. The current Epic kit also works in the D2. The difference between it and the D 1 kit is a couple more o rings for the turret and a different filter. The new Epics have the orifice machined into the body and they are metal.

Ah...okay, so I have the current EPIC 1st stages/kits (machined orifice) in an older finish and had wrongly presumed that the replaceable orifice was an upgrade.

Jim, I knew the older Edges came in Din, and I know about the conversion kit, that statement was directed mainly that, you can't just buy a Yoke Hog first stage, you have to get the conversion kit for it, it's not a standard off the shelf SKU

Jim, I knew the older Edges came in Din, and I know about the conversion kit, that statement was directed mainly that, you can't just buy a Yoke Hog first stage, you have to get the conversion kit for it, it's not a standard off the shelf SKU
Actually you can. The D3 comes in yoke and there are still a few unsealed D1 yokes left floating around. But once they are gone you are right. You'll have to get the conversion kit. The D3 will be the only HOG to come in yoke as well as DIN from the factory. And once the current inventory of unsealed HOG and Edge regs are sold only sealed versions will be available. Except for the EXP in the Edge line. Got notified about that last week.

---------- Post added July 27th, 2014 at 08:19 PM ----------

I have been looking to find a din conversion kit for my older Edge Epic 2007 model will the Hog D1 din work on it
I don't know if it will but can check on that this week when I get a chance.

---------- Post added July 27th, 2014 at 08:19 PM ----------

I don't know if it will but can check on that this week when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

That would be great Thank you Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom