Edge EXP yoke nut stripped.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SurprisedOutlet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have 2 edge EXP reg sets. One of the yoke nuts stripped making it difficult to remove the reg from the tank. Comparing the two that I have one looks completely different. How can I get another good one? See pics. yoke nut2.jpgyoke nut1.jpg

Should be relatively easy to get a new one from your LDS clear warranty issue. If they don't give satisfaction contact HOG directly as they have excellent customer service.

also consider how tight you're putting the yoke on, and that it is fully depressurized before you try to unscrew it. The way the clocking is on the above, the last motion was stress while loosening which usually indicates a regulator that isn't fully depressurized. I usually will put a second stage in my mouth and suck on it while loosening the yoke nut to make sure that it releases properly.

Back
Top Bottom