edge, hog, deep6, DGX, Palantic regulator feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I br

I bought in the scribble as a special product for Black Friday that i could offer at a killer price. That is all.. no hidden secret agendas. Thus when gone, gone comment.

Thank you...

Referencing the black Deep Six regs being sold by DGX...of which I like very much and have multiple sets...are these regulators coming from you...being that they are branded ''Deep Six''...

Secondly...why would you not continue offering the ''black line''/Scribble...preferrably with a turret first stage...

Your ''Signature'' line is ''pretty''...but a little too ''art deco''...for a lot of us...

Best...Thank you...

Warren Meixner

Thank you...

Referencing the black Deep Six regs being sold by DGX...of which I like very much and have multiple sets...are these regulators coming from you...being that they are branded ''Deep Six''...

Secondly...why would you not continue offering the ''black line''/Scribble...preferrably with a turret first stage...

Your ''Signature'' line is ''pretty''...but a little too ''art deco''...for a lot of us...

Best...Thank you...

Warren Meixner
sum up, you want an ugly signature. The names for that reg write themselves :)

That is generally a good application of deductive reasoning. :)

Secondly...why would you not continue offering the ''black line''/Scribble..

We may, we may not, but whatever we do, we will continue to support the owners of them and have service parts on hand. I think @cerich has covered the subject well.

preferrably with a turret first stage...
Well... then it would be a different reg design, and not the scribble.

Interesting... Admittedly, we can't please everyone with the color they want, although this may have been the first time I have heard this comment. If you subscribe to the Henry Ford model of any color as long as its black, there are lots of options out there for you, including the D6 DGX house regulator we make for them.

...never assume...Dodge Car...Dodge Ball...

...too late...you've already stated...when they're gone...they're gone...

...would be less desireable as a choice sellection...if your current stock ''may'' never be produced again...obsolete with support...is still obsolete...

...you could call it the ''scribble turret''...as long as you don't follow that by...may or may not...

...you ''have'' made for them...and...if you recall...Henry Ford sold lots of ''black'' cars...not so many ''Art Deco''...sadly lamenting the Edsel...

More product options...more Deep 6 customers...my current choice is still Deep 6...only the DGX version...1st and 2nd stages...which is more versatile...tone on tone black...the ''No Scribble'' version...which you choose not to sell..I like the 2nd stage purge cover design...dosen't look like the grill on a 58 Cadillac...

Strange business model...may...may not...hardly comforting...especially to a new diver buying gear for the first time...

W...

sum up, you want an ugly signature. The names for that reg write themselves :)

No...a professional Signature...like what Tecline is doing with their version of the same thing...not like a grill on an orange 58 Cadillac...

What DGX is selling...with the turret...tone on tone black...of which I have multiple sets...should be the standard...

Don't get me wrong...I'm a fan...just not the ''Signature''...or orange...any colour...regardless of what it is...ends up being flavour of the week...and for those who like colour...when purple is in...orange is out...

Come-on...you guys know this...as well as tidying up your product line...you need to resolve you ''stock shortage'' issues...

If you're not careful you're going to end up being ''that dive gear supplier who's not around anymore''...you could always sell out to Huish...

Less comedy...and more professionalism will go a long way...

W...

No matter what approach this manufacturer takes with regard to marketing, design, restock, parts, etc., two things are very clear to me:

1) stock issues do not arise if you're not selling more regs than you anticipated, and
2) looking across the manufacturers' forums, when and how often do you get regular input, regular replies and attention from people who actually have an answer to your question and are high up in the company as opposed to a talking head from marketing?

Deep 6 has my support, and I wish them success.

The stream of consciousness posts are definitely strange.

Bright orange might not be the most neutral color, it is a bit high vis.

I can’t see how professional divers would complain about the color difference between silver and gray vs matt black. But to each their own view of what matters.

The stream of consciousness posts are definitely strange.

Bright orange might not be the most neutral color, it is a bit high vis.

I can’t see how professional divers would complain about the color difference between silver and gray vs matt black. But to each their own view of what matters.

Michael...

you're partially correct...the problem arises when you're trying to build a market share...and cut out a niche...all those that you can't satisfy...go somewhere else...the two problems with anything ''boutique''...are...not enough money...and not enough money...money or lack thereof...resulting in continual stock shortages...is not always...but sometimes the first nail in the coffin...

Dive gear like so many other things is impulse buying... you want it when you want it...not when the slow boat from Taiwan arrives...once a second choice has been decided upon...and a purchase has been transacted with another vendor...that customer is lost forever...

With some of these firms...the sooner they choke the better...that leaves less gear in the field for which there is no longer any support...and there's enough of that already...

Best...

Warren

No...a professional Signature...like what Tecline is doing with their version of the same thing...not like a grill on an orange 58 Cadillac...

What DGX is selling...with the turret...tone on tone black...of which I have multiple sets...should be the standard...

Don't get me wrong...I'm a fan...just not the ''Signature''...or orange...any colour...regardless of what it is...ends up being flavour of the week...and for those who like colour...when purple is in...orange is out...

Come-on...you guys know this...as well as tidying up your product line...you need to resolve you ''stock shortage'' issues...

If you're not careful you're going to end up being ''that dive gear supplier who's not around anymore''...you could always sell out to Huish...

Less comedy...and more professionalism will go a long way...

W...
Here's the thing, the product you are making fun of because you don't like the look (Signature regs), sells better than the one you like that we make for DGX. The orange flipper outsells black 7 to 1.

You say "you guys know this", and yes we do but it's different than what you think.

We're casual here, so yeah we do like joking around, every company has a tone, ours is casual every day.

I posted that we are working to resolve the stock shortages, if your comments about us not offering what many want was correct, we wouldn't have stock issues because our actual, honest to goodness sales figures show us that the stuff you hate, others like more than the stuff you like. That's A OK, if we all liked the same thing life would be boring. Selling out of stuff because it's popular is a growth problem, which is real, however our plan is to stick around and not overextend ourselves. It may flatten out the growth curve a bit or it may prevent us from blowing up.. just saying.

yeah, no plan on selling out, we are having fun, orange is the new black

Michael...

you're partially correct...the problem arises when you're trying to build a market share...and cut out a niche...all those that you can't satisfy...go somewhere else...the two problems with anything ''boutique''...are...not enough money...and not enough money...money or lack thereof...resulting in continual stock shortages...is not always...but sometimes the first nail in the coffin...

Dive gear like so many other things is impulse buying... you want it when you want it...not when the slow boat from Taiwan arrives...once a second choice has been decided upon...and a purchase has been transacted with another vendor...that customer is lost forever...

With some of these firms...the sooner they choke the better...that leaves less gear in the field for which there is no longer any support...and there's enough of that already...

Best...

Warren

You do know that not every brand wants to be "a major". Seriously, it sucks. I've worked for a couple. We get distant from our customers, we are all business all the time (less diving, Between Landon, Bill and I we have gotten in just over a hundred dives so far in 2019), there is a level that will work for us. We aren't there yet, and we know that stock is part of the problem. We have been taking steps to fix it but none of it happens overnight.

We understand when a customer wants something that 99.9% of the time they won't wait and go elsewhere, in fact if we are OOS we are even happy to make recommendations, because the most important thing to us is that people get gear they enjoy diving, our brand or not.

We aren't gonna cheer on companies going out of business, behind them all is people and their families..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom