Edge/HOG Equipment Service Clinic Standards Change!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those of you who have been putting off the Edge/HOG reg tech class because you don't have that technical diving cert good news.

You don't need it now!

Jack at Edge/HOG along with several of us who teach the class have been working with TDI to get the standards changed. Yesterday they became official.

All you need to take the class is to own a HOG or Edge regulator, be 18 yrs of age, and a certified diver.
I just got off the phone with Jack and clarified this as to the Edge regs.
Note that whether you have a HOG D3 and Zenith combo or an Edge EXP with Edge Second stage, the class is still supposed to go into detail on the reg(s) you actually own AND provide an overview of all of them.

Instructors will still be evaluating students to make sure they have the aptitude necessary for this.

There is also a statement of understanding you must sign that acknowledges that the cert is good for servicing regs that you personally own. Servicing others regs is not authorized.

If you need to locate an instructor a page is being developed on the Edge/HOG website. Of course you can always contact me :wink:

Excellent

How about stretching it a bit more? I live on the other side of the Pacific where there are no official HOG distributors/instructors. How about a web based course with mentoring via video link? BTW - I know I'm gonna die if I do it :)

And I thought I was out of luck being in New Mexico and needing to travel for the class that is a real trip to find an instructor.

Reactions: Pao
When are they going to just publish the two sentences of Secret Lore?

What if you want to be certified to work on someone else's Hog?

Manufacturer course through a dive shop?

Back
Top Bottom