Edit Your Dive Profile Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I’m sure the ability to edit our dive info will soon return to ScubaBoard, but in the mean time, here is a temporary thread we can use to edit & link our dive profile information into our posts.

If you look at the bottom of this post, in my signature line, you’ll see a link that says, “Dive Profile”. If you click the link, it will take you to my current dive profile information (undated this morning).

You can have your own Dive Profile link by doing the following:

1) Reply to this post and input your dive information (you’ll find a template in post #3).
2) On the upper right corner of your post, you’ll see the post number (for example, this is post #1). Click on that number to open your post as a single post display.
3) At the top of the screen in your browser, you’ll see the address. Highlight the address and hit ctrl C (copy).
4) Click on the User CP option located in the blue section near the top of the ScubaBoard forum screen.
5) Click Edit Signature, located on the left column of the screen under Your Settings.
6) In the Edit Signature box, type in the words, “Dive Profile”. Highlight these words, click the hyperlink icon (blue ball & link of chain), ctrl V (paste) the copied address into the hyperlink pop-up, click OK, and then click Save Signature.

That’s it! Your dive information will now be one click away for all to see. If your dive profile changes before the real Dive Profile is back on line, simply copy your changes into a new reply, make the necessary edit and follow instructions 2-6 again.

Dive Profile

Certification History: 1971 NASDS / 2001 - 2006 SSI Refresher, PADI OW, AOW, EANX, Rescue / GUE DIRF provisional / IANTD Advanced Nitrox Deco, Advanced Rec Trimix / Currently taking IANTD Full Trimix
Certification Level: Advanced Rec TrimixDive
Classification: Experienced
Years Certified: Active diver for a total of 12 years
# of Logged Dives: Oh, about 1000 or so…
Dive History: S. CA, Monterey CA, Puget Sound, Gaum, Kona, Coz, Puerta Vallarta, Inland Lakes
Equipment Setup: Hog, cold water

Dive Profile

Certification History:
Certification Level:
Classification:
Years Certified:
# of Logged Dives:
Dive History:
Equipment Setup:

Cool. Maybe this is the time for the Fairy Dive Mother to take a break? :D

Certification History: PADI
Certification Level: AOW
Classification: BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE
Years Certified: 1
# of Logged Dives: 54
Dive History: COLD NEW ENGLAND
Equipment Setup: DSS BP/W, ATOMIC B2, OCEANIC CONSOLE.

IT WORKED!!!!!

Dive Profile

Certification History: DAN O2, Dry Suit, Neptune II Underwater Communications, Drift Diver, Nitrox
Certification Level: Rescue
Classification:
Years Certified:
# of Logged Dives: 101-200
Dive History: I have been wreck and reef diving in Key Largo, drift diving off W.Palm Beach and Rainbow River Fl., cavern diving at Blue Grotto, Ginnie and Manatee Springs, wreck diving off the coast of Wilmington, N.C.- and explored some of Puget Sound in Seattle.
Equipment Setup:

Thanks Rick Youtheman

Certification History: 1985 naui ow 1987 padi aow 1989 rsq 1992 dm 1994 owsi
Certification Level: padi owsi
Classification: what makes 2500+ dives:huh:
Years Certified: 21
# of Logged Dives: 2500+
Dive History: Diving in the Netherlands(2000+ x), Egypt (15x) curacao,bonaire.Bali-Indonasia,Mexico
Equipment Setup: Atomic Ti1+octo reg, Oceanic FX BC, 3 drysuits, V12 fins, Oceanic pro plus 2 dc, Mares mr22/abyss backup reg 6 tanks O2 kit 2tanks

Dive Profile

Certification History: PADI OW & AOW; SSI Rescue; IANTD Nitrox, AED, CPR
In Progress - IANTD Advanced Nitrox Deco

Short Term Goals: Megalodon CCR Certification, IANTD CCR Trimix, NAUI Dive Master (to crew on dive trips), IANTD Public Safety Diver

Long Term Goals: Deep Wreck Diving (think Andria Doria and Britannic), Expedition Diving

Certification Level: Rescue Diver

Classification: New compared to Tom Mount :)

Years Certified: 1 year, 3 months

# of Logged Dives: 129

Bottom Time: 110 Hours

Dive History:
Persian Gulf (Qatar, Dubai, Oman), Atlantic (NC, FL), Gulf of Mexico (TX, Flower Gardens), Great Lakes (Lake Michigan), Pacific (CA, WA) and TX/OK lakes/rivers.

From 52f to 84f, heavy surge, kick your butt surf, swift rivers, blackwater visibility, to gorgeous, dense, kelp forests, I've been having the time of my life.

Equipment Setup:
Atomic Regs, DSS Backplate/Wing w/DiveRite SS Cam Buckles, ScubaPro Jet Fins with steel spring straps, Atomic Frameless Mask, PST E8-130 (2), DUI TLS 350, Suunto D9, Suunto SK7 compass w/DSS mount, Salvo 21Watt HID Light, Heser LED Backup Light, and X-Notes. Megalodon CCR Soon!

Safety/Survival Gear
Mystic VHF GPS Mapping Radio, 10' OMS SMB, DSS Stainless & Delrin Spools, Jotron AQ-4 Strobe, Rescue Reflector Glass Signal Mirror, The Storm Whistle, Dive Alert, Jon Line, Orion SkyBlazer Aerial Flares, SonyEricsson T610 GSM Phone, Wide Brim Orange Boonie Hat, and Camel Pack w/Fluid

Dive Profile

Certification History: PADI
Certification Level: AOW, Nitrox
Classification: New to Diving
Years Certified: Under 1 year
# of Logged Dives: 29
Dive History: Blue Springs Quarry (IN), Gilboa Quarry (OH), Haigh Quarry (IL), Falling Rock Quarry (KY), Lake Michigan, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Monterey</st1:City>, <st1:place w:st="on">Grand Cayman</st1:place>. Deepest: 73 ft; Longest: 68 min; Coldest: 42 F; Warmest: 82 F.
Equipment Setup: All the basics (several masks, fins, boots, gloves, hoods, vests, lights, safety equipment), Bare Arctic SGS 7mm fullsuit, Pinnacle Seal 3mm fullsuit, Bare Velocity 2mm Shortie, Wrist-mounted Aeris Atmos 2 computer with a Momentum M1 dive watch and Sherwood analog depth gauge as backup, wrist-mounted Suunto SK7 Compass, DUI WT2 Weight Harness, DSS BP/W, Aqua Lung Legend LX regulator, Dive Rite SPG, 2 Luxfer AL80 cylinders

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I see the link to edit dive profile... I'm using Firefox as my browser (less hackers and nearly virus free) but when I try to go to edit my dive profile (I keep getting reminders that I haven't done so), I get a blank page with nothing on it and it says at the bottom 'done'.

Inasmuch as I'd like to feel that I'm computer literate (I only have an associates in Computer Sciences though so maybe I'm in need of a couple more years?)... I'm at wit's end to figure out how to enter some history or experience.

Also... how does one become a contributing member anyway? I like the board, I use it so it only makes sense that I assist in some way in keeping it alive and well.

<nudge>

Anyone out there who can help an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom