eDiverLog Full version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone purchase the full eDiverlog software from Pelagic Pressure Systems. This is the software used for the following computers - AMPHOS, AMPHOS AIR, GEO 2, i100, i200, i300, i450T, i550, i750TC, i770R, OCi, PROPLUS 3, PROPLUS X, SAGE, VEO 2, VTX, WISDOM 3

Just wondering if its worth paying $20 to upgrade from the lite version to the full. It adds the following which I assume means it will sync with the mobile app.

Social Sharing Features
DC Configuration * Setup easily via Diverlog before Dives
Import/Export options
Sync with Diverlog for Mobile Devices using WIFI
Sync with DiveCloud online dive data storage system

I believe the full version has a 30 day trial so you could test yourself. Not software I’ve used since changing computer brands a couple years ago.

I thought about it, but decided to go with Subsurface instead. I was using only the lite version, I think. Pretty sure I didn't pay for it. Mine was for for Mac, so there may be some differences between Windows. I was able to do DC configuration in my version, at least to some extent. Didn't really use it that much.

For a while, I've been dual logging with Diverlog and Subsurface. My kids are using Diverlog as they both have Oceanics now. I've switch to a Perdix, so Diverlog is no longer an option for me. Subsurface works great. Initially, there were some things that I liked better in Diverlog than in Subsurface, but the more I use it the more I like it. You just need to register for Subsurface Cloud, then you can have access to the dives on mobile devices at no additional cost. Try that first to see if you like it.

One thing to be aware of is how Subsurface does NDL. I noticed this when comparing the same dive in Diverlog and Subsurface. At the deepest point of the dive, my NDL was showing as 17 minutes in Diverlog, and Subsurface was listing this as 3 minutes. Significant difference, but there's a reason for it. Diverlog takes the NDL from the DC, so in this case it was DSAT. Subsurface recalculates NDLs using Buhlmann and I believe VPM. I had it set on Buhlmann and at a very conservative level.

I'm just thinking for $20 it may be worth it at the very least to be able to sync between the App and the Computer.

I'm just thinking for $20 it may be worth it at the very least to be able to sync between the App and the Computer.
And, I can do that with Subsurface for $0. You should be able to export from Diverlog, then import to Subsurface, so you shouldn’t lose anything.

I’d try that first before paying for the Diverlog. If you don’t like the Subsurface interface, you could always go back to Diverlog without wasting a cent.

If you want you can also try Diving Log 6.0. It isn't free either, but it supports also dive computers from different brands, so if you ever want to switch to another dive computer, you won't loose your dive history. And it has more features than the paid version of eDiverLog.

I could export with the free divelog+. No point in paying..

I just finally downloaded my Aqualung i300 to Diverlog. With Subsurface, can I link my i300 to it and download directly without using Diverlog?

I just finally downloaded my Aqualung i300 to Diverlog. With Subsurface, can I link my i300 to it and download directly without using Diverlog?
Yes. Should be able to. The i300 is supported by Subsurface, so you should be good. To maintain history, gear, site names, etc. it will generally be easier to export first from what you have in Diverlog for the initial load in Subsurface. However, since you only recently downloaded to Diverlog, you may not have a full history. In that case, it should be easier to download directly into Subsurface.

Back
Top Bottom