Edmonds under construction?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've heard that Edmonds Underwater Park is under construction right now. I live just across the Canadian border and want to come for a visit, but would like to confirm this.

If diving is still permissible, I understand that doing a night dive is allowed. Does anyone have the phone number handy to get permission? Or is it OK to call when at the site?

I've heard the parking lot construction is finished but haven't verified it myself personally. For night dives, you need to call the city (parks department, I think) a few days ahead of time, but supposedly if you're not staying past 10pm (when the parking lot closes) no permit is required. More info can be determined by asking on nwdiveclub.com too.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

There is a number on the site and you call when you get there, unless you are not planning till late, it is the police station as the officer is the one that closes the gate.

Edmonds underwater sports will have const update, call them.

Thanks so much for the info. I've emailed Edmonds Underwater Sports for an update.

If there are any structures that you are aware that have octos or wolf eels or any unique creatures, I would love to know about it. I've only been to Edmonds a couple of times last winter to the Triumph and the huge pontoon nearby.

The parking lot at Edmonds was closed for a couple of months, but it is open now. You can dive after dark without a permit; you have to get a permit to dive past the closing time of the park, which is 10 pm.

Edmonds is known for having some of the largest ling cod you can see anywhere in the Sound, at least from shore. For that reason, it doesn't have GPO or small red octopuses very often at all (lings eat them). I have never seen a wolf eel there, either. It's really a place for large fish -- lings, cabezones, and rockfish -- and in the summer, schools of smaller ones. You can see a number of nudibranch species there, and spectacular collections of tubeworms.

If you are interested in GPOs, the Coves at Alki are a better bet, or some of the current-sensitive sites like Titlow and Day Island Wall. Mukilteo has some wolf eels, too.

The parking lot at Edmonds was closed for a couple of months, but it is open now. You can dive after dark without a permit; you have to get a permit to dive past the closing time of the park, which is 10 pm.

Edmonds is known for having some of the largest ling cod you can see anywhere in the Sound, at least from shore. For that reason, it doesn't have GPO or small red octopuses very often at all (lings eat them). I have never seen a wolf eel there, either. It's really a place for large fish -- lings, cabezones, and rockfish -- and in the summer, schools of smaller ones. You can see a number of nudibranch species there, and spectacular collections of tubeworms.

If you are interested in GPOs, the Coves at Alki are a better bet, or some of the current-sensitive sites like Titlow and Day Island Wall. Mukilteo has some wolf eels, too.

One of my favorite dives in the Seattle area. I LOVE Edmonds, especially coming from SoCal where our lings are generally much more puny!

I was also lucky enough to see a GPO there once ....

Cant wait to dive it again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom