Efficient path to tec trimix instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, he need to become a trimix diver himself at first. For normoxic trimix instructor you need to be full trimix diver.

Then you can start the first techlevel instructor course, most times it is adv. nitrox. If you have teached that X times, you can do the next level instructor course.
Of course you need to gain experience yourself first. I know instructors who did the normoxic instructor course in conjunction with the full trimix user level. I don’t know if this is the right way to do, as you really need to know what you are doing.

The question if you want to teach 60m trimix is first: do you feel comfortable at that depth and able to do such dives solo? If not, don’t start teaching this level.

Full trimix level, same. And if standards mostly state the minimum depth must be around 75m, do you like to do this course with an instructor who never went deeper? You certify to 100m, and the dives are really more complex at 100m then at 75m.

How long does this take? All depends on what you really want. I have a full time job, but still do 200-250 dives a year. I did all my user levels techdiving in 6 months, only 2 years after starting diving. But I was passionated. My adv. Nitrox was finished at 1 april, 6 april I started cave, 1 week later I was full cave, dive 390. June I did normoxic and October I did full trimix and did my first 100m dive. That was dive 521. My first dive was in august 2 years earlier.
But I still was no instructor. I did this later, around 900 dives. The first ‘tech’ level I did was adv. Rec. trimix instructor. Then had to certify X people, then did the next level, etc. It is quite expensive and you don’t earn it back, but I liked it to do it. Normoxic is done quite a lot, full trimix not. Most people won’t go so deep and helium is expensive. Even with ccr, most people stay in normoxic levels.

But it is possible to become techinstructor if you really want. I wanted it and I live 12 hours from caves and the nearest full trimix lake is 1000 km driving. But don't expect you earn your investment back. It is not only become instructor, but also stay current. To do 20 or 25 dives on the highest level each year again, you need money and time.

I wrote up the path to become a CCR MOD1 and Full Cave instructor in the other thread. However, the simplest thing is to just pay for the Underwater Diving Instructors and Explorers card. At UDIE, our motto is "There's no fun in safety!" and we're proud to take anyone's money for a card.

Does your employer like it when you only do the minimum?
Joanna's employer most definitely does not.

Thought should be given to the minimum. If the minimum is good enough, then leave it alone. If the minimum is not good enough then the minimum should be increased. Which is, of course, the point of that scene I linked. Office space will be teaching us life lessons for many more years to come....

superlyte27 that just proves an experienced instructor verses a min standard one , even though it would be hard to be a nim hypoxic trimix instructor shows you paid your dues ....good on you sir

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom