Egypt, Hurghada, Red Sea trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBride

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Hurghada for 5 days and I want to dive 1 day to scratch off my bucket list lol. Have a few questions. 1. Do I trust their gear, hate to pack mine to lug around Egypt for 3 weeks. 2. Who do you recommend, I may request a dive-master just for me, I JUST refreshed after 4 years. 3. Do I need a logbook? I stopped logging many years ago after moving to Cozumel. How deep are the normal dives and what will I see? I am Advanced Open-water and Nitrox, do they have Nitrox?

Gracias for the advice

OK????? What I meant was condition of their gear! I want it to be well taken care of and safe. Would hate to have a problem or accident due to poor gear!

I don't know where you are staying in Hurghada, but we stayed at the Fort Arabesque, and IDive was their in-house dive shop. I can highly recommend them for the quality of their dive shop, staff and equipment. Although I had all of my own gear, I had plenty of time to check out their rental equipment used by other divers, and would have had no issue using any of their gear.

I don't know where you are staying in Hurghada, but we stayed at the Fort Arabesque, and IDive was their in-house dive shop. I can highly recommend them for the quality of their dive shop, staff and equipment. Although I had all of my own gear, I had plenty of time to check out their rental equipment used by other divers, and would have had no issue using any of their gear.
We are staying at Serenity Fun City and I hope to get a few shore dives in also.

You are not far from Ft. Arabesque. Contact IDive by email and see what they can do for you on your one dive day. They have both shore and boat dives, but you will have to do a checkout dive with them before they turn you loose for shore diving, and they will not allow you to solo dive on the shore dives. You can reserve a DM to accompany you on the shore dives if you do not have a dive buddy. Contact Erika, IDive owner, idive@idivedivingcenter.com to see what dive options are available to you. Good luck and have fun in Hurghada. The coral heads in front of the Ft. Arabesque are also great for snorkeling as well.

In Hurghada, try to avoid shore diving, it's better going with daily diving boats.... (almost the same price). It is far from Marsa Alam in terms of quality for shore diving (too many constructions... Hurghada is +/- 18 kms long, have a look on google earth).

edit : sorry, just seen you were staying in Serenity resort, it's located in Makadi bay, south of Sal Hasheesh island. I don't know well this zone, far from Hurghada center (45 kms), it may have nice shore diving...
From your resort, 20 min driving to Safaga, where you also have several good diving centers, for example
United Divers in Safaga, on the banks of the Red Sea
Ducks Diving Safaga
diving : Egypt DUNE Red Sea etc...
It's quite easy to arrange with them, they will all pick you up without problem

I can’t speak to the rental gear since I had my own gear, but I dived with Voodoo Divers for 3 days and it was a very good experience. Their pick ups and drop offs were great. The day boat is like a safari boat and their lunch was really good. They were good about safety and procedures. We even had a BBQ at the end of the day on one of the days we did dives with them. It’s possible but not guaranteed to do 3 dives and nitrox is an option for a fee. They have 12L tanks as standard and 15L tanks available upon request for a fee.

I would dive with them again if I return to the area.

Back
Top Bottom