elastic crotch strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it worth mentioning that the crotch strap keeps the tank from banging in to the back of your head, not from riding up. And using bungee cord for a strap-one word-ouch-M

Stephen Ash:
Maybe, by constantly snapping that thing against his nether regions, it keeps his mind sharp and focused. At 190 on air I just might try it!

That was actually funny

This thread about an elastic crotch strap gave me horrible visuals...ROFL!!!
Kinda like a "thong" on a BP/W set up...ok, maybe it is a chick thingy!!!
Still funny. :)
K

scubak:
This thread about an elastic crotch strap gave me horrible visuals...ROFL!!!
Still funny. :)
K

I like the part about diving 185' on air, better yet doing deco with 13 cu' of O2 followed by 21% deco. Excellent but really, lets get real here.

scubak:

You're a genius, K. I love this idea. With a few metres of pink bungie you could start a new fad *and* get more women into BP/wings.

Brilliant!

R..

Oh, my goodness, I hope my tech diving lady buddy with the thing for pink doesn't see this thread!

Since most of you have been helpful, I have another question regarding backplates... When I learned to dive in 73 we had plastic backpacks with 2-inch belting (and horsecollar Bc's). The backpack straps were very easy to adjust because the shoulder straps could be tightened by simply pulling on the waist strap. In other words, the backpack slots allow the belt to slid relatively easily between the waist and the shoulder. This also facilitated the easy removal of the tank on the boat because you could loosen the shoulder straps by pulling on them if the waist belt was undone.

My recently purchased aluminum (dive rite) backplate slot is apparently designed to preclude the sliding of the belt between the waist and shoulder. Why? Is this common to all modern backplates? I've already considering a modification to allow the belt to slide.

and so you can all mock me... I usually dive alone and sometimes become tangled in lines, which all too frequently requires me to remove the tank underwater to fix the problem. This has happened at least 50 times to me. I value highly the ability to remove and replace the SCUBA unit quickly and easily.

dumpsterDiver:
My recently purchased aluminum (dive rite) backplate slot is apparently designed to preclude the sliding of the belt between the waist and shoulder. Why? Is this common to all modern backplates? I've already considering a modification to allow the belt to slide.

The modern backplates are made for holding twins and stages for tek diving. Depending on how big it all is, you could potentially have 40kg on your back and another 20 hanging from your sides. Even a modest doubleset will weigh over 30kg.

Allowing the strapping to move with all that would wear out the strapping fairly quickly, and with that much weight hanging on teh shoulder straps would probably pull them loose during the dive if it didn't tighten up your waist strap to the ponit of being uncomfortable.

The way I see it, you can do two things. One is to install quick releases on the shoulder straps (Diverite has special ones for their backplate) and the other is to configure in such a way that your gear is less likely to snag stuff as you swim past it and then keep your distance from nets and lines. You should give some serious thought to this last bit..... You must be doing something avoidable if you're getting snagged so often. I dive smashed up wrecks covered with lost fishing nets on a regular basis and I've only been snagged a couple of times and never badly enough to need to take my gear off.

R..

dumpsterDiver:
...and so you can all mock me... I usually dive alone and sometimes become tangled in lines, which all too frequently requires me to remove the tank underwater to fix the problem. This has happened at least 50 times to me. I value highly the ability to remove and replace the SCUBA unit quickly and easily.

Outright comedy; this is better than a troll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom