Elbow placement on the LCD 30 wing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The elbow on this wing comes off in the center of the wing, an unusual location as most wings have the elbow on the left. I've had some interference issues with the regulator or the hoses rubbing against the plastic attachment. Anyone else have an issue with this?

I just wish the otherwise excellent DSS CCR wing had a centered inflator elbow :D And yes, this should be good.

The elbow on this wing comes off in the center of the wing, an unusual location as most wings have the elbow on the left. I've had some interference issues with the regulator or the hoses rubbing against the plastic attachment. Anyone else have an issue with this?

Incidental contact between the wing elbow and a lp hose is not a concern.

We've sold many thousands of singles wing, all with a centered inflator hose. In the vast majority of cases if your tank is correctly positioned on your back the elbow will be above the crown of the tank and below the first stage.

If you are one of the very few that have an interference issue just rotate your tank slightly.

Tobin

---------- Post added July 28th, 2014 at 09:28 AM ----------

I just wish the otherwise excellent DSS CCR wing had a centered inflator elbow :D And yes, this should be good.

Our RB40 wing was developed with the input of several very well qualified RB divers. We moved the inflator location 2-3 times on different prototypes before selecting it's current position.

As there are many different RB's and near endless way each of these various machines are set up I have no illusions that we can satisfy everybody.

Tobin

Our RB40 wing was developed with the input of several very well qualified RB divers. We moved the inflator location 2-3 times on different prototypes before selecting it's current position.

As there are many different RB's and near endless way each of these various machines are set up I have no illusions that we can satisfy everybody.

It might be time to see whether the CCRs for which that placement is optimal still occupy the same position of relative significance they did when you settled on the present design.

It might be time to see whether the CCRs for which that placement is optimal still occupy the same position of relative significance they did when you settled on the present design.

It's never been my goal to be all things to all people. Our CCR wing has a fairly narrow range of application, and I'm fine with that. I don't dive CCR, and as such I have intentionally limited my CCR offerings to those that I can have trusted friends test.

Tobin

The central location of the elbow is no longer an issue as I just rotate the regulator a bit so the elbow fits between the hoses, and the location may be better for even emptying of the two sides of the U shaped wing.

I used the 'rotate tank' solution for a while and it worked pretty most of the time. Then Tobin suggested that I try loosening the shoulder portions of the hog harnes so the tank hangs a bit lower. Perfect!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom