Elderly woman lost off Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A million divers a year (most of them snorklers) visit the Keys, the most popular dive destination in the world. Scuba diving is heading for a demographic bust following baby-boomers leaving the sport. Anyone diving (and particularly those working dive boats) has seen this playing out. In all, the sport entails some physical stress and risk but keeping numbers of participants versus the number of accidental deaths in mind can provide some perspective. In my view there's living, and then there's just life. I dive with a 50-something gal who's uffering with MS, paralyzed in one leg, and is yet one of the most resilient and skilled divers I know. She says she'll never give it up until she's horizontal. God bless that courage.

I'll keep it simple since I see it often at work: age is not a sole determinant of when a person passes. I've seen 40 year old who look like they are 70s and 90 year olds who look like they are in their 60s. So take care of your body and develop healthy habits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom