Electric Booster Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep hearing this and i am very confused by it. The conversion costs about $400 if you do it yourself. How much are you guys paying for used Sierras?

It’s not. Sierra doesn’t even offer oxygen compatible parts and the Masterline parts don’t fit. Believe me. I’m a cheap bastard. I try to back door every thing. This isn’t doable.

It’s not. Sierra doesn’t even offer oxygen compatible parts and the Masterline parts don’t fit. Believe me. I’m a cheap bastard. I try to back door every thing. This isn’t doable.
What parts are you talking about? Masterline is the manufacturer of the Sierra pumps. The parts fit. Sierra stopped making pumps 13 years ago. If you are talking about an old model, then you are correct, but anything even relatively recent is the same.

What parts are you talking about? Masterline is the manufacturer of the Sierra pumps. The parts fit. Sierra stopped making pumps 13 years ago. If you are talking about an old model, then you are correct, but anything even relatively recent is the same.

a couple years back there were several Sierra pumps for sale in the $1500 to $2000 range. None of them were compatible according to Masterline. I’m not sure of the ages, but they were several years old at that time.

Do it! Let us know how it works out.

any idea how to age them?

any idea how to age them?
The sierra pumps look different. But not really. If you aren't familiar with how they look, I'm sure masterline could tell you based on pump serial number. I think he told me it was 2008 when he started supplying the pumps for Sierra.

Do it! Let us know how it works out.

They work out the same as any other masterline. I have built and sold a few of them.

They work out the same as any other masterline. I have built and sold a few of them.

How much are you selling them for?

How much are you selling them for?
It varies, depends on what I can buy it for, depends on what it needs. Usually they bring $5k-6k.

It varies, depends on what I can buy it for, depends on what it needs. Usually they bring $5k-6k.

Yeah for 3k more and Masterlines customer service and warranty, still seems like a no brainer to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom