Electronic Reliefbands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a lot of people who swear by these things! My mother, who's prone to getting carsick (but not seasick...hmmm....) uses them all the time for road trips and doesn't have a problem. I also know a few flight attendants who use them on trips when they're expecting tubulance, and they no longer have a problem with it now. (Could you imagine, "Would you like a RAAAAALLLLLPPPHHH " Yuck!!!!!!)

Have fun on your trip! I envy you!

Kristey:wink:

I'm sorry, but I had a whole different vision when I read the title to this thread. Ouch!!! :eek: :jester:

My wife can happily confirm that her ReliefBand works great for Motion-sickness (boat and car), as well as Morning sickness. They're spendy, but they sure last a long time. I believe the $60.00 "disposable" version last over 200 hours.

You can check out info here:
ReliefBand

Rick

Right now they're running a $10 rebate on the nondisposable one. I found it online as a 'value pack' with an extra tube of conductive gel and batteries for $106.50 + S/H (sells in stores for about $150), and then get $10 back, so for me the nondisposable one made more sense, even tho initial outlay was a bit more. I'm confident it will work, based on what you all have been saying about it.

Pat

If you believe it will work, it will. Then again if you truly believe you won't get seasick, you won't, with or without the gadget.

In medical terms I believe it's called the placebo effect....

Tom

I totally understand your skepticism, WW. In fact, my wife was extremely skeptical before using the RB, and didn't even want to bother before a long and choppy boat trip. The fact that she acknowledged the band worked in spite of her skepticism, made me a believer.

And no, I don't own any stock in the company, I just empathize with those who suffer from motion-sickness (or their significant-others for that matter. I don't know which role is worse!) :wink:

Rick

Originally posted by WreckWriter
If you believe it will work, it will. Then again if you truly believe you won't get seasick, you won't, with or without the gadget.

In medical terms I believe it's called the placebo effect....

Tom

I disagree with you, WW. Perhaps there is a small psychological component to motion sickness that can be pacified by placebo effect, but I have gone on a cruise truly knowing that I wouldn't get sick, but still did. I have come to know what my own equilibrium can and cannot handle...Heck, as a child, I got sick swinging on swings, as well as carsick. I know that Bonine works better for me than Dramamine. If it's purely placebo effect, then both should work equally well, no?

Pat

I've tried the electronic relief band, and it did nothing for me but add to everyones laughter as I threw it overboard between bouts of chumming over the rail. For me, the only thing that worked is the patch.

In a way I do agree with WW. I had never met anyone for whom the relief band worked, so I was skeptical.. and it didn't work. A DM that I dive with swore by the patch, so I tried it and it worked. I don't know if it is science or mumbo-jumbo, but I like diving a lot better when I am not green and hanging over the side of the boat.

Ty

I've tried Transderm Scop also and can't use it...side effects too severe, unless you like hallucinating, dying of thirst, and losing shortterm memory!

Pat

Originally posted by pjm1128
I've tried Transderm Scop also and can't use it...side effects too severe, unless you like hallucinating, dying of thirst, and losing shortterm memory!

Pat

I have heard about the side effects, but it didn't bother me. One of my buddies also uses the patch and it blures his vision slightly, but he can still read his gauges.

Ty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom