Elios Sub Wetsuits for SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebaycurrency

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience using an Elios Sub wetsuit for SCUBA? They're appealing to me because they're MTM (my proportions are freakish at best) and they let you pick your neoprene, meaning I can get my hands on medium/high density neoprene rather than what you usually see in spearo suits.

yes excellent suits. I had a medium density heiwa (i think was the name) 7 mm jacket, that was custom made and very warm. Used it for scuba mostly.

Achim likes his:

Achim likes his:

I saw he had posted that yesterday... Frankly, I'm a little surprised someone like Achim didn't dive it before reviewing, seems out of character for him... I get it though, exciting.

yes excellent suits. I had a medium density heiwa (i think was the name) 7 mm jacket, that was custom made and very warm. Used it for scuba mostly.
I've heard good things, they offer a high density open cell with Heiwa neoprene now, and I'm pretty fascinated. Medium density did fine for you, though?

I saw he had posted that yesterday... Frankly, I'm a little surprised someone like Achim didn't dive it before reviewing, seems out of character for him... I get it though, exciting.
I guess he felt he could pretty much tell everything he needed to know for that type of suit by examining it and donning it on the surface. It fit him, had the lining he wanted, and the seams were obviously of good quality.

A suit with zippers and high tech materials would presumably be a different story.

I guess he felt he could pretty much tell everything he needed to know for that type of suit by examining it and donning it on the surface. It fit him, had the lining he wanted, and the seams were obviously of good quality.

A suit with zippers and high tech materials would presumably be a different story.
Fair point. A wetsuit can (and should) only do so much. Adding "technology" to them is a largely fruitless effort, not that the big manufacturers won't try.

I've heard good things, they offer a high density open cell with Heiwa neoprene now, and I'm pretty fascinated. Medium density did fine for you, though?
yup, it was a heavy, dense suit, not super stretchy and super warm and did not show any residual suit compression for years. I would cheat just a tiny bit on the custom measurements, and give yourself a little extra room for comfort unless you are diving in 40 degree water or something.

yup, it was a heavy, dense suit, not super stretchy and super warm and did not show any residual suit compression for years. I would cheat just a tiny bit on the custom measurements, and give yourself a little extra room for comfort unless you are diving in 40 degree water or something.
It's been high 40s around here lately, but I'll still probably give myself an extra cm or so. This'll be running as a backup to my drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom