Embarrassing/weird q: itchy butt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just be sure to deal with the "Itchy Butt" before bedtime..........

old Chinese proverb:
Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with sticky fingers!! :wink:

smelly finger, it's smelly finger, geeeeze

BabyDuck:
ok, embarrassing questions about your embarrassing question...is it mainly in the 'middle part' (otherwise known as the crack of dawn)?

Nope. It's the cheeks.

BabyDuck:
once you're showered & dry, does the itching continue?

It's all fixed once I'm showered and dry. I always do the quick fresh-water shower immediately after the dive but that doesn't help -- I need to get into clean, dry clothes.

It's really cool that so many have responded. I think I'm going to wear a speedo beneath my least favorite pair of trunks (trust me -- you *really* don't want me on your dive boat without the protective trunks) with the liner cut out.

Thanks, all!

WadeGuthrie:
Nope. It's the cheeks.

It's all fixed once I'm showered and dry. I always do the quick fresh-water shower immediately after the dive but that doesn't help -- I need to get into clean, dry clothes.

It's really cool that so many have responded. I think I'm going to wear a speedo beneath my least favorite pair of trunks (trust me -- you *really* don't want me on your dive boat without the protective trunks) with the liner cut out.

Thanks, all!

When I bought my warm water suit, I realized my trunks were going to bunch up and be really uncomfortable, so I imagine that board shorts would do the same under only 3mm of neoprene (I wear trunks under my 7mm). I also was not into the idea of wearing the traditional "guess what I've got here" Speedos. I think someone mentioned that Speedo now makes a bike pants (meshless) style suit that ends just above the knee. These are what I opted for. They're sheer and smooth enough that they actually help the suit slide on, and they dry quicker than trunks. Bonus: they're not nearly as revealing as the ***** floss we know as tradtional Speedo briefs. Would I parade around the beach with them on? No. Am I looking to increase my comfort while diving? You bet. Would I rather look slightly silly in tight-fitting swimwear than really wierd getting caught in mid-scratch by a boat full of divers? Every time!

Don't want to wear speedos and want a solution to the problem? Dive naked! Garanteed no ichy butt. Only works in warm water... ;-) (Fortunatly everything is 25% bigger underwater.

Roger

:14: Very interesting. B4 I dove, I'd wear the same type of swim trunks under my wetsuit when surfing, but they would bunch up or bind. Then I said "screw modesty" and I'd do the dance in the parking lot donning and doffing my wetsuit w/ nothing under. Much more comfortable. Now beaches are more crowded and people more easily offended. I started wearing the jammer type speedos (brief type are too weird for me) under my linerless surf trunks. I take off the trunks and wear the jammers under my wetsuit when diving or surfing. Never had any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom