Emount zeiss 50mm macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it looks like B&H has removed the expected date of today July 16, 2014 from the product page and changed it to pre-order. I asked a B&H chat rep what the new expected date is and was told they don't have one.

Well it looks like B&H has removed the expected date of today July 16, 2014 from the product page and changed it to pre-order. I asked a B&H chat rep what the new expected date is and was told they don't have one.

My 50mm macro is on its way form B+H finally after so many months on pre order. Hope to have it ready for Anilao in August.

Oh and a new firmware released that fixes the shutter delay issue

Firmware Upgrade Touit E-Mount | ZEISS United Kingdom

My 50mm macro is on its way form B+H finally after so many months on pre order. Hope to have it ready for Anilao in August.

Oh and a new firmware released that fixes the shutter delay issue

Firmware Upgrade Touit E-Mount | ZEISS United Kingdom

Lens has arrive. Extension ring arrived form Taiwan in just 3 days over a weekend! Anilao here I come. Except probably wont have the firmware update as it has to be sent off for this :(

My Touit F2.8/50M is on the way to Zeiss for the firmware update, hope it needs not to long!

Alien, have you checkt your firmware version?

Lens has arrive. Extension ring arrived form Taiwan in just 3 days over a weekend! Anilao here I come. Except probably wont have the firmware update as it has to be sent off for this :(

They are shipping these with obsolete firmware? I thought the reason the release date slipped was due to holding them until the new firmware was applied. Guess I was mistaken. It doesn't seem right to me that you have to immediately upon receipt of the lens send it back to Zeiss for the firmware upgrade.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some sample photos.

The firmware upgrade can be user installed by connecting the camera & 50mm macro to your camera software in the computer and downloading the update. These updates for cameras and lenses are quite common these days due in part to pressure from buyers for speedy release of new products.

The firmware upgrade can be user installed by connecting the camera & 50mm macro to your camera software in the computer and downloading the update. These updates for cameras and lenses are quite common these days due in part to pressure from buyers for speedy release of new products.

So this statement in the instructions from Zeiss is incorrect?

Updating the firmware:

Please send your lens to ZEISS for firmware upgrading. It is not possible to perform this update yourself with a firmware download.

Please pack your lens carefully and send it together with a completed copy of our delivery note to the ZEISS Service address nearest to you. Please note that we can only process your order when it is accompanied by a correctly completed delivery note.

My understanding was that it was an owner upgrade, my bad that does seem a bit messed up that it can't be done through a download to the camera and lens. All of my Olympus lens firmware updates have been done through a user download.

My Touit F2.8/50M is on the way to Zeiss for the firmware update, hope it needs not to long!

Alien, have you checkt your firmware version?

No I have not checked it yet. Will not have time to send it back to Singapore if it is out of date. Will have to go with shutter lag or use Sola lights without strobe for macro. Leave in 8 days time for Philippines. Cannot be done is Australia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom