EMT Shears and 7mm gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vertigo

Registered
Reaction score
Are EMT shears easy enough to use while wearing 7mm gloves ? I was also looking at several cutters including the Dive Rite large line cutter.

thanks

I've used them in cold water just fine... but then I've never worn 7mm gloves. I typically wear some 3mm ones I got from Wal Mart. It's all the same at the bottom :wink:

Its not easy and takes a little getting used to but then everything does with the mitts. I also have 7mm gloves and its alot easier then the mitts obviously.

EMT shears are often just that - repackaged medical shears. You can buy the same shears that dive shops sell for up to $20 for as little as $5 elsewhere, but you might not get the handy sheath.

Something to keep in mind if you ever drop a pair and find yourself with an empty sheath :)

Make sure you put some silicone on the pin holding the blades together - even though the shears are sold as stainless steel, this pin is usually just plain steel, and rusts just thinking about getting wet.

Thanks,

I imagined they would be a little awkward but easy enough to use. However, at the end of a cold water dive I might be a little slow with the fingers. That silicone is a great tip Scubaroo. I've seen the shears around here at medical supply places and the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom