Entangled Loose SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK so you did the breakaway, now what?

Me...clip
@martincohn Have another look at both pictures ww meixner posted. The bottom photo clearly shows a bolt snap. Breakaway is just another option as is cutting it if you desire.

Oh God. What is the wold coming to? I just agreed with Warren. :-D

Kind of sad that someone working on coral restoration is not more proactive in gear setup to avoid dangly bits!!! The buddy is no better as you pointed out as well - geez!

I ditched my SPG and use dual transmitters/dual computers as I never liked the extra bulk and having to clip an SPG on and off.

That was also my first thought when I saw this elsewhere (before Blue Trin posted it)

I’m all about reiterating that even though danglies getting caught are a safety hazard... What about reef conservation??! If it got caught in a clam that time, then how many times before was it getting bashed into delicate coral life?! I cant stand when people tell me that danglies need stowed for cave diving but aren’t a problem for open water pretty reef dives... CLEAN YOURSELF UP. And instructors need to instill that in students. Bolt snaps, AI, or even magnetic holders are easy for all levels to use.

View attachment 551212

That's one reason I carry short hose (24") and small diameter (1/4") HP hose for SPG, running along my shoulder strap & clip it over chest D-ring to avoid entanglement. If it were entangled, I have dive knife to cut the hose off.

The HP hose has small orifice at the 1st stage regulator end. So I would have time to safely ascent with the HP hose cut off, as shown in the video, below.

Geez!..........why don't don't you just hold it between your knees?

RGM...

That works...this works much better with no fiddling...and it's ''breakaway''...where your version is not...

Easily and quickly installed/removed...

One Dollar...DGX...I usually buy a dozen whenever I place an order...

W.W...

View attachment 551240 View attachment 551241

How about having it on retractable clip, clipping it to chest D-ring?

E3AA99F7-03BF-46EF-B3AC-3BEF1E336330.jpeg

How about a bolt snap...."wherever"..... without the POS spring-loaded REAL ENTANGLMENT hazard?

That SPG is really light, especially in the water. That retractable clip would pretty much hold the SPG on my chest. I have tested it on about 40 dives.

What data do you have to determine that is a POS spring-loaded REAL ENTANGLMENT hazard?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom