EON Core screen glare issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Byrdie

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been diving the EON Core and generally like it. However, the glare on the screen is an issue -even in deep and darker water. Effectively, you need to tilt the screen at an angle to see the information. I'm thinking of trying an old school type of stick on screen saver but wanted to see if anyone figured out another solution?

I find I have a bigger issue with glare if I wear my core on my wrist like a watch and much less if I wear it on the side/inside of my wrist. Presumably because it falls more naturally at an angle that doesn't glare.

I turn the brightness to HIGH when i'm in the tropics. Never had an issue underwater - but it is hard to see in direct bright sun above water.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will give them a try

Been diving the EON Core and generally like it. However, the glare on the screen is an issue -even in deep and darker water. Effectively, you need to tilt the screen at an angle to see the information. I'm thinking of trying an old school type of stick on screen saver but wanted to see if anyone figured out another solution?

Do you have a scratch guard on it?

They are generally available.

I don't think I've dived a computer without one, and have never had a glare issue.

I've run an Eon steel for 5 year, diving in the bright sun of the Middle East, I've not had a screen protector on for a year or so - because I keep forgetting to order them when I go back to the UK. The Screen protector doesn't reduce any glare.

The Eon, does have the widest viewing angle or any of the computers in its class, but yes altering teh position on your wrist will improve things the most.. I also wear mine on teh inner part of teh wrist, so I can see it at a glance and don't need to turn my wrist.

By comparison, I also dive with a Perdix, and that really does suffer from glare and has a poor viewing angle. But both when "properly" positioned are easily readable near or at the surface, and of course are fine in low vis or dark conditions

I also have mine at max brightness.

I have a steel and dove w it a week and had no glare issues in the tropics.

I turn the brightness to HIGH when i'm in the tropics. Never had an issue underwater - but it is hard to see in direct bright sun above water.
Thanks. I did turn the brightness to HIGH and it has improved significantly.

Back
Top Bottom