EON Steel firmware update suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the exception of the first firmware 1.1 in June of 15, the last three have kept all my settings and custom settings on my Eon Steel. In DM5 however I did have to change units from metric back to imperial, not a big deal. One thing that was different this time though, when I launched DM5 to download some dives off my Eon Steel it prompted me to download the new version of DM5, I clicked the ask me later box. When reopened DM5 later I could not get the prompt to download the new version so I could then download the firmware. I ended up going to Suuntos website and downloading it.

I have Multiple Dive Settings Modes with Multiple Screens. Nitrox CCR, Trimix CCR, Nitrox, Air, et cetera.

Suunto can Add that Functionality for CCR Oxygen and Diluent.

LOL if you want this functionality dump the POS Suunto and get a real dive computer like a Shearwater.

Honestly why would anyone bother with this POS computer for any sort of tec diving.

Good idea... please keep posting. It will definitely be taken into account!

br Hendrik
Is the viewing of 2 tanks any nearer to fruition? I love the steel but it is now a dive limiter as the competition now allow you to view both tanks. I don't think sidemount is just a fad anymore.

Is the viewing of 2 tanks any nearer to fruition? I love the steel but it is now a dive limiter as the competition now allow you to view both tanks. I don't think sidemount is just a fad anymore.

Hi, I have taken your question to facebook and repeated exactly .. here is the asnwer .. that probably tell us all that we need to know :(

FlWXr7c.jpg

FlWXr7c

Hi, I have taken your question to facebook and repeated exactly .. here is the asnwer .. that probably tell us all that we need to know :(

View attachment 463813
FlWXr7c
This is no better than the Galileo Sol that I bought over 10 year ago so where is the progress? The Steel not really fit for today's diving choices. Unfortunately without it being able to display both tanks my only option is to move to Shearwater Perdix AI.

Back
Top Bottom