Epcot dive help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPARKMEL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am planning to do the Epcot divequest at Disney. I an travelling from Scotland U.K. and would appreciate any advise and if anyone has got the contact details on how to actually book this dive for me and my son. I am hearing it is quite difficult to book this.
Thanks

MARK..

It is easy to book but there are very limited slots. I brought my own mask since it is prescription. They provided everything else in fact they do not allow diver own equipment to avoid foreign organisms (foreign divers are ok)

Was a pleasant dive. You are on your own during the dive but they have two or three DM stationed throughout the area keeping an eye on folks.

Main thing is to book ahead. Information at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-divequest/

You will have your son but I did it solo. Just swam where ever I wanted to go. If your buoyancy and trim is spot on there are a couple of swim throughs but I think that only one is legit.

They will sell you a CD afterwards if you want it. You also get a back scenes tour.

I will say that I did not feel like I was swimming in a tank. Felt more like cruising down a flooded city street. you could see a couple walls but never all 4.

By the way the entrance is outside the gates so you do not need to get admitted to the park. However when I exited I found myself in the park so I could have stayed in Epcot if I had wanted to .

Just did it for a 3rd time back in November. Booking - as far as I can tell you can only do so by calling them. It's not something that a travel agent can do for you.

You can bring your own mask, and dive watch (I've taken my wrist computer with me each time, but that's borderline). They provide everything else. (Bring your own swim suit though) If for some reason you absolutely can't use their provided shorty wetsuit, apparently you can supply your own but it has to be BRAND new (as in, tags still on it). The gear they provide is decent, and they appear to have a range to fit pretty much anyone (supposedly wetsuits up to 6x).

The Atomic regs are configured with a single 2nd stage (no octo) and a pressure gauge. The DM's in the tank are your alternate air source if for some reason you couldn't make it the 20' max to the surface. They use AL63 tanks, which for the depth and planned dive time (45 minutes) are usually plenty. If you're an air hog though they will change you out if there's enough time left.

If you have family with you, bring them along to the meeting place and they'll get a briefing on when and where to see you. I think they also got to come back stage with us afterwards. The video is US$35. You also get a little drawstring bag as a souvenir. (They used to do t-shirts). The whole thing is right about 3 hours. 1st hour is tour and gearing up, 2nd is parading thru the exhibit to the tank, and doing the dive (this is when family can see you), and last hour is showering and watching the video. Every time we've done it we've also been let out into the park as well.

There's lots of examples of the souvenir video on YouTube. First part is boilerplate about the program (like how the funds go towards conservation) then the actual dive footage. If you have folks there to watch you, the'll make a point of getting footage of them and you thru the glass.

Best part of the dive is being "on stage" and interacting with guests. Swim up to the glass and interact with a kid and you will blow their mind.

I had no problem booking. Just called up the number as listed below and booked.

I'm a big guy and they had gear to fit me. Everything was top notch and was an enjoyable dive. If you find and sharks teeth on the bottom you can keep them. Playing with the kids in the windows was the most fun.

This was my dive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77KM2GPiIA4
If you go to about 2:30 the actual dive starts. They lead you around for a few minutes to get footage for the video then they turn you loose in the tank.
I was the last guy in the video next to the guy that did the vulcan hand thing.

Good info we should be doing this soon ourselves

This is great fun - I've done it twice. I believe you can bring your own mask if needed, check online for that. They provide wetsuits. You can buy a dvd of your adventure. You get to "perform" for the folks in the restaurant and walking in Living Seas so be prepared for that. They basically leave you alone to dive. The tank is large enough for many divers to tool around so not really cramped.

Hi Everyone, Thank you very much for all your help and posts. I am away to book it so i will let you know how i get on. Cant wait.
Thanks
MARK....

P.S for anyone wanting to call epcot the number from the UK is

Last edited:
Just a quick reference, called WDW divequest to book, got throught to operator in seconds only to be told that you cannot advance book the dive until 180 days before you plan to do the dive. I have to wait til March to book. Lady on phone was very helpful.

Another helpful tip. There is no need to pay for admission on dive day since they bring you in through a side entrance at Guest Relations. After your dive, they will release you through the gift shop so you have an opportunity to purchase the DVD of your dive. After that, you're on your honor to exit the park. :wink:

There are also a few discounts available when you book your dive as well if you're a member of PADI or AAA and a few others. Doesn't save tons but it's almost enough to offset the purchase of the DVD.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom