EPL-1 vs. EPL-2 vs. EPL-3 -- Value?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Banjo,

If you took time to read the text you would see that this is a Google translation from the Olympus JP. site.
Ask around or look at my bio and you will find that I have been more than "helpful" to the members of this forum.

Phil Rudin

Phil has indeed been very helpful to us here on SB over the years.

Ditto!!!!

Actually I checked dimensions of the 14-42mm first kit lens which is larger and extends beyond 85mm. The new 12-50mm lens would fit into either the standard port or zen dome port. That is if the new lens does not extend beyond its dimensions like the 45mm pana-leica macro lens. I think that is what I understood from the specification: zooming and focusing is internal. It would be a nice combo lens underwater in the zen port!

Actually I checked dimensions of the 14-42mm first kit lens which is larger and extends beyond 85mm. The new 12-50mm lens would fit into either the standard port or zen dome port. That is if the new lens does not extend beyond its dimensions like the 45mm pana-leica macro lens. I think that is what I understood from the specification: zooming and focusing is internal. It would be a nice combo lens underwater in the zen port!

I hope but didnt I read somewhere that there is a switch that needs to be activated on the lens?
thnx

Banjo,

If you took time to read the text you would see that this is a Google translation from the Olympus JP. site.
Ask around or look at my bio and you will find that I have been more than "helpful" to the members of this forum.

Phil Rudin

Seriously??!!! It was a joke. I wasn't criticizing YOU or YOUR words ...I KNOW it was an article that was copied in, that was obvious. The quote I referenced was from the article.

If I didnt read the article..how did I get all the way down to the price being listed in YEN?

Lighten up. Simply enough...the article was interesting and when I got to the price listed in Yen....and it included taxes (in Yen).....I thought it was sort of funny.

I can't reference anything you post without reviewing your profile and surveying members of SB if your helpful or not? It wasn't a personal comment directed at you friend.

Sheeez....uptight, seems to come to mind.

Last edited:
Now how the hell is this helpful?

:whack:

Ummm... I ship stuff all over the world, so I'm pretty familiar with the different currencies and to me it's no big deal. The internet makes it a world market. Try a currency converter, like this one:
Convert Japanese Yen (JPY) and United States Dollars (USD): Currency Exchange Rate Conversion Calculator

It turns out that Olympus releases first in Japan and Europe. So the early pricing in Japan is interesting. Eventually each region has it's own SRP. Anyway, you can plug the yen price in to a currency converter to get the price in your currency. Ignore the tax, they won't charge it for export. Scubaboard has a worldwide audience, and some guys post prices in Euros, or Swiss Francs, or pounds. So, just deal with it in a currency converter.

Phil is always telling us about the latest gadgets, but I sometimes wish he weren't so generous with his advice, cuz it's so hard on my wallet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom