Equinox Housing for Canon HV30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Shock again. Never heard back from Henry or anyone at B&H. Not here or in response to my direct email.

Hope you folks are reading and learning here. Avoid B&H.

Now I have no choice but to escalate this through more formal processes, when all seemed like it was finally moving in some mutually positive direction.

Henry, if your personal issues prevent you from conducting your business activities, you should have had some one else at B&H attend to them on B&H’s behalf.

As for testaments, if you are the most accessible person at B&H as you had claimed, this should give the readers some indication what it would be like reaching anyone else at B&H!

ScubaBoard, I have asked a couple times what needs to be done to remove a non-diver friendly "business sponsor" and have received no reply. I would hope that ScubaBoard would only allow those sponsors that are diver friendly. In my opinion, any company that washes their hands of their customer of all purchases made when only a portion were ever user and/or submerged is about as far from diver friendly as is possible. Please consider removing B&H as a business sponsor.

Bruce DeDivitis
Naperville, IL

Big Shock again. Never heard back from Henry or anyone at B&H. Not here or in response to my direct email.

Bruce, I have no idea what your difficulty might be. I received an e-mail from you and replied. That e-mail didn't bounce back to me so I presumed it went through without incident. This is not the first time you reported you didn't get an e-mail from me or from Equinox when e-mail had been sent to you.

Your first post said, "Four follow-up emails (to Equinox) have received no reply whatsoever," to which Equinox replied, "...there was no email received from you to go into spam."

In fact this is not the first time you've misrepresented the situation. You earlier wrote, "B&H NEVER supplied their return policy or the other terms and conditions..." when our return policy and terms/conditions were on the invoices you've received for prior orders and are posted on our web site.

You then chose to stoop to personal invective with "Henry, are you a certified diver? Underwater videographer? Ever see an Equinox housing other than in a picture on a website? Ever touch one? Put one together? Use one underwater? I am sure you will say you have, and fairly certain as well that will be untrue like many of your other statements so far." So far you're the only one in this conversation who's felt the need to make disparaging and insulting personal comments.

So, for the time being I will reiterate: Have you contacted Sagemax about a replacement camcorder, in accordance with your warranty with them? That question, BTW was an essential portion of the e-mail I sent to you on Mon 7/21/2008 @ 2:21 pm NYC time.

= = = =

You must have received the e-mail I sent 7/21 because I now see your reply of Sat 7/26/2008. So, when you said, "Never heard back from Henry or anyone at B&H. Not here or in response to my direct email," you weren't being entirely accurate? Perhaps you posted this before you found my reply in your in-box.

It seems to me now the problem is NOT that you didn't get a reply; it's that you didn't get the reply you wanted. I am sure that must be disappointing, but I don't think it's license for inaccuracy or misrepresentation nor for the bellicosity with which your email was tinged.

B&H always regrets a customer's dissatisfaction, no matter what the root cause. In this instance, I've replied here more than once, I was the person who originally shared your issue (via email) with Equinox, I replied to your e-mail, and both others from B&H and I have rightly urged you to contact Sagemax.

Last edited:
Thread re-opened

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Personal attacks and quoted responses to them have been removed from posts in this thread where appropriate.
I have tried to maintain the position expressed in posts in this thread while removing the personal attacks.

Future posts containing personal attacks will likely just be removed in their entirety.

Off-topic comments not directly related to the matter being discussed in this thread have also been removed.

I would encourage all posters to review the Terms of Service all SB participants are required to adhere to before continuing to post here. For your reference the entire TOS can be found here and the pertinent section is: (bolded sections only apply here)
Harassment, threats and personal insults: Posts that contain direct or indirect threats of a physical or non-physical nature along with posts that contain personal attacks or insults are not allowed.

Please contact me directly via PM should there be any questions/concerns.

Last edited:
It is once again our position that if the product problem was a manufacturing issue we will replace our product with no questions asked and pay for all shipping charges....In this case it appears to be a manufacturing issue, but a manufacturing error has not been proven yet because Equinox has not received back the unit. The FREE return label has been with the customer for over 3 weeks now. I understand these issues take time but how long does Equinox wait to receive the product for evaluation....it is standard practice that if there is a warranty issue and it is reported immediately to the company the product should come back immediately so no further damage can occur to the unit.

At this point Equinox has seen no flooded equipment and has not received anything back for warranty evaluation.

We would like to end the verbal bickering and get the unit back.

If we have not received the unit back by Aug. 15, we will consider this matter closed.

I had indicated I needed to talk with Henry, he has never called. This is now out of my hands as the case is prepared for formal presentation.

Apparently Equinox has changed their position, so it would seem the case may need to be expanded.

Sam, you called, we talked, we agreed. I advised you that it could be a while before I returned the Equinox products due to the nature of the bigger picture. You told me that was no problem; to take my time and that Equinox would stand behind the product when I was in a position to return it. I felt good about our relationship and the Equinox position and tried to make sure I so stated that in the forum.

However, I am not yet in the position to send the equipment out as I have the bigger picture to consider and properly prepare. In the interim I did not post any video of the faulty housing as a result of Equinox' cooperation. Now that has apparently changed. Again. The second time the assurances I received by phone and not followed up in writing are changed. Shame on me. I won't believe spoken word again. But if you felt you needed the housing soon, you could have just called and asked. Maybe your distributer B&H prefered a post?

For the record (and I will send this separately by email for documentation purposes), Sam, you can not limit your Warranty to August 15th because you prefer to have a claim by then. I have the full warranty period, and Equinox is well aware of my product purchase and pending Warranty claim.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that it is acceptable to Equinox to take over 3 weeks to send a simple shipping label, but they expect the centerpiece of a formal dispute to be shipped off to them in less time than that? Particularly when I clearly advised that it would take some time for me to send and they agreed?

I had not been bickering, at least not lately. For several weeks I have only asked that Henry from B&H call me so we could work through possible solutions in hopes that we might identify one that may be mutually acceptable. That has not happened, so we are now on the formal course.

The legal fees will likely exceed the purchase price, and I will get those reimbursed as part of the settlement. Remember, you chose the hard road, please be prepared to live with the consequences.

No more here except the outcome once formally determined, and perhaps the video of the faulty housing posted to the internet.

most sincerely-
Bruce DeDivitis

Hope everything works out for you Bruce! Its too bad you had to take legal action over this, which after seeing it in person, is CLEARLY a problem. You should post some pics for everyone else to see....

Henry-

Sorry, could not leave that misinformation uncorrected, my comments below in BOLD

-----------------
Bruce, I have no idea what your difficulty might be. That appears to be part of the problem. Too focused on wining an argument, and no knowledge of the real problem. I received an e-mail from you and replied. That e-mail didn't bounce back to me so I presumed it went through without incident. I asked you to call, does that interface concern you? This is not the first time you reported you didn't get an e-mail from me or from Equinox when e-mail had been sent to you. That is correct, it is not the first claim of no return communication, and the previous one quoted below, not surprizingly, has the facts once again confused.

Your first post said, "Four follow-up emails (to Equinox) have received no reply whatsoever," to which Equinox replied, "...there was no email received from you to go into spam." Please see the previous threads in which I attached the emails to the post. Equinox acknowledged the emails were received but had been sent to an email address not regualrly checked. Equinox also apoligized for the lack of reply. Sam provided me an updated email that Equinox checks regularly, and there has been no continued email issues with Equinox. The unchecked email address that I had been mailing to was supplied by B&H Customer Service when they told me I must deal directly with the manufacturer. That email was also posed in earlier posts. If you would like, I am happy to supply them again.

In fact this is not the first time you've misrepresented the situation. You earlier wrote, "B&H NEVER supplied their return policy or the other terms and conditions..." when our return policy and terms/conditions were on the invoices you've received for prior orders and are posted on our web site. Terms of previous transactions are not applicable to future transactions unless expressly agreed to by both parties in advance. So T&Cs provided on an invoice from an order a year ago are irrelevant. The T&Cs for this order were not disclosed at the time of the transaction, and were only in the palest of grey ink on the back of the receipt sent with the delivery of the items. T&Cs wished for AFTER the transaction occured are also irrelevant to the original transaction. My order was placed by phone at your 800 number, thus what you post on your website is also irrelevant to this order. So who is misrepresenting?

You then chose to stoop to personal invective with "Henry, are you a certified diver? Underwater videographer? Ever see an Equinox housing other than in a picture on a website? Ever touch one? Put one together? Use one underwater? I am sure you will say you have, and fairly certain as well that will be untrue like many of your other statements so far." So far you're the only one in this conversation who's felt the need to make disparaging and insulting personal comments. But oddly again you did not answer those questions. This is a divers forum and no one I have yet spoken to at B&H has any first hand knowledge of the dive-related equipment they sell. Henry, your comments, though cleverly shrouded, have been equally disparaging and no one has taken $3000 out of your pocket. I again suggest that you consider applying your smarts to reaching a resolution rather than focus on winning a battle of words. I had asked you repeatedly to call me to discuss, but you prefer to fight here.

So, for the time being I will reiterate: Have you contacted Sagemax about a replacement camcorder, in accordance with your warranty with them? That question, BTW was an essential portion of the e-mail I sent to you on Mon 7/21/2008 @ 2:21 pm NYC time. And again, I reiterate that I will not, as I expect the cost of the Sagemax warranty to be refunded, if I make a claim, that can not be done. I prefer my money back rather than have outdated equipment to use next year at introductory prices. B&H has already lowered the price of the camera/housing package. I am not going to bear the obsolescence costs.
= = = =

You must have received the e-mail I sent 7/21 because I now see your reply of Sat 7/26/2008. So, when you said, "Never heard back from Henry or anyone at B&H. Not here or in response to my direct email," you weren't being entirely accurate? Perhaps you posted this before you found my reply in your in-box. My Email asked you to call me and I provided 3 or 4 phone numbers for you to do that. You have still not called, but did send an email once again directing me to anyone other than B&H for resolution. I am sorry, I have to work to pay for $3000 in useless equipment so do not sit waiting for your emails. There is a reason I asked you to call.

It seems to me now the problem is NOT that you didn't get a reply; it's that you didn't get the reply you wanted. I am sure that must be disappointing, but I don't think it's license for inaccuracy or misrepresentation nor for the bellicosity with which your email was tinged. OMG, you must really get a kick out of yourself. Lets talk misrepresentation for a second.

Equinox HD6 Underwater Video Housing with Canon HV30
Mechanical Controls
Rated up to 200'

It didn't survive the camera bucket first time out, and you are not backing up this PACKAGE. Henry, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Stop misrepresenting product packages and stand behind them before you accuse others of misrepresentation. I have the above documented, and can and have disprove your accusations of misrepresentation.

B&H always regrets a customer's dissatisfaction, no matter what the root cause. In this instance, I've replied here more than once, I was the person who originally shared your issue (via email) with Equinox, I replied to your e-mail, and both others from B&H and I have rightly urged you to contact Sagemax. But what has B&H done besides try to assign the problem to others? Has B&H refunded me for the equipment I purchased that was not submerged? No. In direct contradiction to the very T&Cs you are trying to insist I honor. Misrepresentation? Hypocritical? Actionable? Yes.

Bruce

At no point in this long process has equinox ever changed our position.

Here is our position, if in fact the housing leaked due to manufacturer defect every item manufactured or supplied under the Equinox brand will be replaced at no charge and we will cover all shipping fees associated with the warranty issue.

Equinox did speak with Bruce, and Bruce told equinox he would supply pictures and video for us for a partial evaluation almost a month ago and we said feel free to take some time to get this resolved based on the fact that we would have some type of documentation (besides threats, legal references and a bunch of randomness that really is probably slowing down the process) of there actually being a warranty issue. Now heading into a month later Bruce hasn't provided us with anything and hasn't shipped the unit back....It appears to me Bruce is mad at us because he didn't do what he was supposed to do and send us some type of documentation and now when we say its time to resolve this because no proof was provided as promised to us directly we are once again changing positions and working in cahoots with B&H.

So let me get this straight, Bruce calls in a warranty claim doesn't supply the promised proof so we can start a file and in his opinion he has 3 years to send his unit back or supply the proof, ok just wanted to make sure I understand correctly the position on this.

ups tracking # 1z32x6260348329582 UPS Global Home

ADDISON, IL, US 07/10/2008 1:26 P.M. DELIVERY

We feel we have done everything possible to take care of this customer but it is now in our opinion the customer does not want this matter resolved.

Equinox will no longer be acknowledging this thread, this thread is no longer productive in resolving this issue, if anyone would like to contact us directly on this matter it is welcomed. 269.381.1901

It is honestly a shame this wonderful resource to divers is being diluted with this, Equinox has tried to resolve this issue for over a month and we haven't even received pictures.

Sam,

You and B&H have my money. My money works and has not ruined any of your other money.

I did my part. PERIOD.

I have yours and B&H's products. They do not work. They did ruin other products. They as a package did not perform as represented. I want my money back.

Send my money for the entire purchase and I will send ALL the products.

By the way, I did not post pictures or video because I did not wish to further demonstrate the substandard quality of the Housing because you said you were going to do the right thing. Then you wonder why you have not seen pictures. OK. Stay tuned. I hope you soon find them all over the internet.

Bruce

Bruce

see attached photos.

Bruce

Attachments

• Whole Housing Secured.JPG
    Whole Housing Secured.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 92
  • One Label sliped in.JPG
    One Label sliped in.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Two  Labels sliped in.JPG