Equipment Repair Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airraider1

Reaction score
Does anybody have any information on warranty repair and/or availability of equipment parts in Cozumel? Just wondering how much backup to bring just in case there is a malfunction or problem with equipment while on vacation. Thanks for any info you can give. Who are the authorized dealers on the island?

Hi Air, I know o-rings are hard to come by in Coz. I bring a save a dive kit. Personally I dive a Apex t100 1st and 2nd so I know it never will malfunction :). I guess if some thing went south with my rig or BC I would consider using a rental. I would bring my rig home for service. But on a second note I get my rig serviced before trips and test it before packing.

airraider1:
Does anybody have any information on warranty repair and/or availability of equipment parts in Cozumel? Just wondering how much backup to bring just in case there is a malfunction or problem with equipment while on vacation. Thanks for any info you can give. Who are the authorized dealers on the island?

There is a good repair shop on the island, and I can walk right to it, but I can't for the life of me remember its name. Anyway, three or four years ago they replaced my brand new, cracked in transit to CZM, Mares Esa mask frame for no charge. It had prescription positive diopter lenses in it, so they saved my vacation; there is no off-the-shelf solution for farsightedness.

Bringing O-rings is good advice, and so is getting your gear checked out and serviced before your trip, but there are options on the island if the unforseeable happens.

Air,

My wife and I have been to Cozumel nine times and are headed back the first of June.

I always take a small save a dive kit, spare o-rings, mask and fin straps, mouth pieces and zip ties. A small set of tools, wire cutter, plier, crescent wrench, spare computer batteries and screw drivers always does the trick.

I think there are about 75 dive shops on the island. As far as service I know that there is one dedicated repair shop that is directly behind the McDonald's off the main street.

I've been in the shop but can't find the guy's card. He has a nice facility and could definitely fix anything that you have.

Enjoy your trip.

Here is all you need to know once things exceed your talents to repair. Javier is a genius:

Cozumel Scuba Repair
Phone/Fax: (01152987) 872-3567
Cellular 044-987-876-1831
E-mail: service@cozumelscubarepair.com

Calle 5 Sur between the waterfront & Ave. 5 just a 1/2 block from the water and right behind Diving Adventures.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Also Larry Cleghorn's Cozumel Dive Repair Shop located between Ave. Rafael Melgar and Ave. 5 on Calle 3.

All brands of equipment can be serviced, in many cases quicker and better than you are used to at home.
Telephone 87 23997 or 87 23749

Back
Top Bottom