Equipment Resources Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on everything I have read so far it really does address the question. Stop trying to look so far into the 2nd stage and reread the material in the book. Joe-Diver has a good point to ask a tech if you cannot grasp the concept any further from the above.

ianw2:
I understand WHAT it's supposed to be doing. I just can't make heads nor tails of the diagrams in the Encyclopedia. I was hoping that someone would have an animated Power Point Proentation or something similar showing what happens as I suck on my 2nd stage.

Ian

Well, look at the picture, It is labled right?? a part that says "to the diver" and Diaphragm?

Go out and invest in the Encyclopedia on DVD for your computer. That has video.

A regulator that is designed so that tank air pressure neither assists nor resists the opening of valves is called:

That's about as tough as it gets...

rawls:
A regulator that is designed so that tank air pressure neither assists nor resists the opening of valves is called:

That's about as tough as it gets...

What about the difference between Upstream and down stream :D

TRhanks, tedj01! Thnat was pretty cool.

Ian

GA Under Water:
What about the difference between Upstream and down stream

Don't recall a question about upstream v downstream. An upstream opens against the flow of air and a downstream opens with the flow of air. If there is a question on the exam about it then that is probably how it will be worded.
If the smiley is about getting into the nuts and bolts of upstream regulators then I can definitely appreciate the humor...I feel I have a pretty good layman's grasp on downstream designs but a understandable description of how a upstream works has yet been given to me aside from what I described above...Maybe some of you may be able to provide a good explanation....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom