Equipment storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live in Florida so my garage can get hot (80-90F degrees). What can i store in it -my wetsuit, BCD, fins, reg, computer?

It's not "hot" until it gets past 120.

But seriously, extended time at elevated temp isn't good for any sort of plastic. It's also not good for batteries.

So I'd go for tanks

Sorry, I was just laughing because I keep the thermostat inside my house at 78 during the summer.

I'd also be concerned about air flow and humidity. You don't want damp stuff sitting around getting moldy.

We live in an old building on the top floor with some bad insulation so heat comes through the roof. It regularly gets into the mid to high 80's and low to mid 90's during the day in our unit. We have a storage unit in parking that is much cooler and downstairs, but is subjected to car exhaust/fumes. We chose to go with the hotter, less-fumes option. We store everything in a bin and just leave them ajar. We ensure there is airflow throughout the unit once it cools down by using a whole-room air circulator. It has been fine. Nothing special needed.

I also live in FL. I keep my gear, tanks and all inside in one of my spare rooms and closet. Between fishing gear, scuba gear, and kiteboarding gear, I can barely walk around the bed. LOL. There is no way my gear is going in the garage. :-O

I also live in FL. I keep my gear, tanks and all inside in one of my spare rooms and closet. Between fishing gear, scuba gear, and kiteboarding gear, I can barely walk around the bed. LOL. There is no way my gear is going in the garage. :-O

Are you really Mr. OOO and I just don't know about it? This sounds like our place. The only reason we need a larger place is so that we could have one full bedroom and closet dedicated to all of our gear intensive hobbies. :D Guests? Psh, the floor or the couch. :wink:

My personal gear in North Florida

Attachments

• IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 126
Hey, be glad you don't have a really small space! My gear lives in my living room. Guests always do a double take. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom