Erick from Toulouse France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Van Aelst

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I am Erick, living in Toulouse France, a fanatic scubadiver (2 stars CMAS diving Instructor) since 40 years.
I am 62 and never tire to dive. My wife is a scubadiver too :)

All these years, I have been relying, as primary regulator, on a second stage Scubapro R-156 balanced adjustable and it always performed excellently up to unreasonnable depths. Between me and this regulator, this is a long story which I would not like to end.

Recently I wanted to have it maintained by my Scubapro dealer and was very surprised to hear that this model was to old to be serviceable.

Looking on the net, I was unable to identify which Scubapro service kit could be used for this R-156 balanced adjustable. It lloks like everything to service the R-156 has been suppressed from the net.

Can any one tell me which forum in Scubaboard to ask my question : "which service kit for R-156 balanced adjustable ?" ?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Erick

Hello. Servicing a 156 is not difficult if you have the inclination, and you should be able to find answers to specific questions by starting a thread the DIY - repairing your own gear forum, or searching the existing threads here.

Regarding your search for a diagram of the 156, go to vintagedoublehose and look in the manuals and catalogs section under Gear Info at the bottom of the page. They also offer certain kits and parts if you know what you need.

Hello Erick. Welcome to Scubaboard. I hope you will find the answer you seek and also that you will find other enjoyments reading and contributing here.

Hello. Servicing a 156 is not difficult if you have the inclination, and you should be able to find answers to specific questions by starting a thread the DIY - repairing your own gear forum, or searching the existing threads here.

Regarding your search for a diagram of the 156, go to vintagedoublehose and look in the manuals and catalogs section under Gear Info at the bottom of the page. They also offer certain kits and parts if you know what you need.

Dear Kupu,

I went to vintagedoublehose at the regulator chapter : R-156 second stage is classified under R-109 second stage chapter : Inside the folder R-109 you find one file named R-109 Balanced Adjustable whic is in fact a R-156. Thanks to your tip, I have now an exploded diagram for my R-156.

I need to spend some more time within the vintagedoublehose website to check whether a G250V Scubapro service kit would fit my R-156.

Thank you,

Erick

Welcome to SB.
You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Go to the DIY forum and ask directly any questions you might have. There are a lot of people there very experienced with vintage gear and stuff.
A lot of these people won't read your questions here in the introduction forum.
Good luck

Edit : I just saw you've already posted your questions there. Never mind.
Welcome anyway

Dear Stephen,

Sorry to be new on this huge forum and have placed my question into the introduction forum.

On the other hand, I wish to tell thanks the Scubaboard moderator who kindly redirected my question in the regulator part.

Thank you,

Erick

Welcome to ScubaBoard Van. Glad you joined us.

Dear Compresor,

First thank you for your support message and the quality and friendliness of this forum as I notice you are a staff member.
Second, I fully apreciate your moto : "Love to dive. Pure and simple". I feel the same since day one.

Have a nice day.

Erick

Hi from SW France, used to live in Toulouse, started diving there in 1990.

Have fun on the forum and good luck with your regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom