Erroneous Low-Batt Indicator on Atmos II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There seems to be a strange anomoly a few of us have experienced on our Atmos IIs, with them registering low-battery on turn on, even with fresh batteries. It will ultimately register normally, when screens are switched.

To preface, I love the 'puter, and this hasn't caused any major issues, however, we're wondering if it's cause for concern.

Check this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=2328834&posted=1#post2328834

No cause for concern. Known and reported issue that comes with some brands of new batteries.

I haven't asked recently what the status of a "fix" is, I will later today and let you know.

cerich:
No cause for concern. Known and reported issue that comes with some brands of new batteries.

I haven't asked recently what the status of a "fix" is, I will later today and let you know.

I saw this today on my Atmos 2
Fire it up had the flashing battery icon with one bar. After a few screen changes it now shows full. Battery has 45 dives on it factory battery.

Any updates?

I'll further confirm this problem, although I have two problems. First, the one described: a blinking low battery indicator on boot, followed by a switch to stable indicator shortly. The other day, however, I put in a new battery and within a matter of moments the computer was permanently signaling low battery indicator. I suppose this could have been a bad battery though. Nevertheless, I've put in a brand new battery tonight and am getting the problem that BKP and Jibeho describe.

My Aeris II does this, too.

Cerich: are there specific brands of battery that DON'T cause this anomaly?

It does plant a small speck of doubt in my mind, but the computer has never quit during a dive.

I'd love to hear what brands of batteries are suggested.

Thanks,
Claudette

Two dives today. First one Computer will not stop the low battery flashing......went in for a 30 foot max dive. Come out and thing is still flashing. New batteries again (fourth set in less than two years (about 60 dives)........

Get this Put back in original Battery from two years ago....this is a Sony battery. Indicator shows full bore and second dive no problem???????

As a poster from above said ......this does cast some doubt here??:confused:

I was going to post the same thing until I saw this thread. Mine is new and does this on start up.

Just replaced my battery on my Atmos II. It was just short of two years on the
original battery and had about 90 dives on it. Before replacing it was showing low then went back to showing full but I figured the battery was starting to get a little flakey.
New battery with four dives on it and it seems to be working fine. I had battery
installed at Divers Direct, not sure what type battery it was, came in a little kit with
a new o-ring.

Seems like the newest issue for everyone. From what I have seen there is no rush to find a fix. Or at least letting us know something about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom