Error running ediving after installation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbutts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here's the error message I get:

C:\Program File\eDiving\eDiving.exe

The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

In the Event Viewer I get the following error from the source SideBySide
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\eDiving\eDiving.exe. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.
Followed by,
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
then:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

This is on a completely fresh install of Windows XP w/ SP2 on a MacBook Pro under BootCamp and I also tried it under VMWare Fusion.

The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\eDiving\eDiving.exe. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.
Followed by,
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
then:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

This is on a completely fresh install of Windows XP w/ SP2 on a MacBook Pro under BootCamp and I also tried it under VMWare Fusion.

Will check with designers and let you know.
I doubt it will run on a Mac, the 3D engine is designed specifically for Windows environment.

Regards,

I_AM

Followed by,
then:

Hi,
please send me the file divenavLog.txt so we can have a look at what happened exactly.

Thanks

I_AM

Hi,
please send me the file divenavLog.txt so we can have a look at what happened exactly.

Thanks

I_AM

I don't see that file anywhere.

I'm not a Windows developer, but after doing a quick google, it's seems like VC80 CRT needs to be distributed with the program.
I'm only seeing this error because it's a completely fresh Windows XP install.

I don't see that file anywhere.

I'm not a Windows developer, but after doing a quick google, it's seems like VC80 CRT needs to be distributed with the program.
I'm only seeing this error because it's a completely fresh Windows XP install.

Hi,
the file divenavLog.txt should be in the C:\Program Files\eDiving directory.
It gets created when you launch the ediving.exe application

I_AM

Hi,
the file divenavLog.txt should be in the C:\Program Files\eDiving directory.
It gets created when you launch the ediving.exe application

I_AM

Nope, don't see it there. I don't think the ediving.exe application got far into executing because it's missing a dependacy, so the file hasn't gotten created yet.

I installed .NET 2.0 which comes with the VC80 CRT files and that fixed the issue I was originally having.
I wasn't able to run eDiving under VMWare Fusion because the current version doesn't support shaders in DirectX 9.0 which is used in eDiving. But I was able to successfully run it using Boot Camp.

I installed .NET 2.0 which comes with the VC80 CRT files and that fixed the issue I was originally having.
I wasn't able to run eDiving under VMWare Fusion because the current version doesn't support shaders in DirectX 9.0 which is used in eDiving. But I was able to successfully run it using Boot Camp.

Hi,
are you telling me that you got eDiving running on a MAC? Are you sure?
I told already several people that eDiving does NOT run on a MAC ..... I guess I need to call them back.

Could you please post a new thread titled: eDiving running on a MAC ... and explain how you did it?

I owe you a beer (and lunch too).

Thank you

I_AM

Hi,
are you telling me that you got eDiving running on a MAC? Are you sure?
I told already several people that eDiving does NOT run on a MAC ..... I guess I need to call them back.

Could you please post a new thread titled: eDiving running on a MAC ... and explain how you did it?

I owe you a beer (and lunch too).

Thank you

I_AM

You give me way too much credit. :)

Apple has a program called Boot Camp which lets you install and run Microsoft Windows. If you've ever had a PC that could dual-boot Linux or Windows it's the same concept. Using Boot Camp, I can reboot the computer into Mac OS X or Windows.

Ever since Apple switched over to Intel processors there isn't much technical difference between an Apple and a Dell except for the OS. It's almost more like an Apple-branded PC. So I'm able to run eDiving on an Apple computer running Microsoft Windows, but not under Mac OS X (no DirectX support).
I still had to purchase Windows XP and meet the minimum hardware requirements to run eDiving.

Back
Top Bottom