Estonian instructor (60) die in Norway (NOR)(EST)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

АлександрД

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
July 16, Vågen camping at Hitra, region Trøndelag, Norway.
В Норвегии погиб эстонский инструктор по подводному плаванию
Dykkerinstruktør omkom på Hitra
The man in his 60s was attempted to be revived by a doctor, but was declared dead shortly.
He was an instructor for a group of Estonian tourists, and was himself part of this travel companion who dived outside Vågen camping at Hitra.
Relatives are notified. The crisis team at Hitra now takes care of the people involved.
- Our task is to provide psychosocial first aid. We are present and support the affected people, says Hege Lie Rønningen, head of the crisis team.
The police were notified of the accident at 18 o'clock on Tuesday night. They are investigating the incident.
According to operations manager Ebbe Kimo, the man probably got an illness or other illness underwater.
"There are probably medical reasons why he died," Kimo said.

it was just Google translator. I do not know Norwegian language.
Russian article has the same text.
I think this phrase is related to the alive people, from victim`s team.

'psychosocial first aid'?
I have no idea what the proper English term is, but it's psychological support to the survivors / witnesses. Pretty standard over here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom