Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Susan

New
Reaction score
I am going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman in one week. I will not be able to dive unless I get some help for my ETD. Because of a serious illness, I have not dived in 5 years. When I went to practice Sunday, I could not equalize the pressure in my right ear. 10 feet was as deep as I could go. I did not have this problem 5 years ago, but have been having problems with ETD for a few years. I've been taking Zyrtec daily, because it used to help, but is not helping now. I can't get in with an ENT on such short notice. What can I do? I'm desperate!

Hi Susan,

Based on your limited report, it would seem very unwise to scuba until you've received medical clearance.

Sorry.

DocVikingo

If you're determined enough, you can wedge your way into seeing an ENT.
Be persistant, they'll humor you.
Messing your ears up can last a looong time, that darn ringing I always hear can be distracting at times, and I kinda miss not being able to hear the high notes when I listen to tunes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom