Every mask presses against the bottom of my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're the second person to recommend this mask for that reason, so I'll definitely look for it.

By the way, there are apparently a number of Tusa masks using the name Freedom, so would you mind being specific about which one has helped you in that regard? From the Tusa website, it looks like they have different designs as well, and I want to be sure which one you're referring to.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Tusa Freedom HD M1001

Yes, Tusa Freedom HD works very well for me—I have similar nose bridge issues. However, the Tusa fits wide faces like mine and may not work so well for normal or narrow faces.

Tusa Freedom HD M1001

I found a Tusa shop, which carried virtually every model of Tusa mask, and in addition to several other masks, I tried on the M1001 several times over the course of an hour, and it always felt comfortable - including against the bottom of my nose. So I ended up buying it! Thank you very much for the recommendation. Now I'm having prescription lenses put in it, and I'm very much looking forward to diving with it off Phi Phi Island in a couple of weeks.

Have you tried the Tusa Freedom mask? I highly recommend it for your situation.

Just wanted to update everyone on this thread. Agilis, I took your advice and went to a Tusa shop, and you were right: the Freedom (model M1001) mask was extremely comfortable, with plenty of room in the nose pocket to accommodate the bottom of my nose. In addition, I just now received the mask, it having been shipped to me after the installation of prescription lenses, and I love it! Because the mask glass was already pretty close to my face, the optometrist and I were both a bit worried about the prescription lenses touching my face after having been installed, but this doesn't seem to be the case. The mask still fits very comfortably, with no interference from the lenses against my face. In short, great mask!

I plan to dive Phi Phi Island next week to give it a tryout, which I'm very much looking forward to. And this is the first bifocal mask I've ever had, so I'm curious to see what macro detail I may have been missing all this time (like seahorses and nudibranchs).

For anyone else suffering from the problem I originally described, I'd definitely recommend a look at this mask. Thank you, Agilis - and Tusa!

Back
Top Bottom