http://www.diveheart.org/

Everythings a GO for the Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well Matt made it to Tavernier and we are ready to get him wet tomorrow. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather as their are 0 seas and over 100' of vis. We'll be taking Matt to a nice shallow reef for his first dive and hope we'll see some sharks.

I know everyone wishes him a good dive and thank you all for support my buddy Matt.
Stay tuned.

Good Diving,

Thank you so much Gary for all your efforts on behalf of Matt and I hope the ocean continues to cooperate.

best of luck....will be thinking of you and wishing your dive is wonderful

Yep, Capt Gary and Brenda are really doing a great job her in the Keys, as we count down the hours to Matts first ocean dive...

Matt The Wonder Boy And Some Of His Dive Team Preparing For The Big Day
01-Day-22Custom.jpg

Yeah this bunch is serious - all business...
01-Day-21Custom.jpg

We a big dinner tonight at this wonderful place The Skipper suggested, I got to meet the team members, and in a few hours we kick it off.
01-Day-20Custom.jpg

I'll try to avoid getting in the way... :blush:

pretty sweet indeed

If those conditions hold, you could not ask for better diving. Cool!

Gawd, but I have been surrounded by winners the last few days! I remember hearing about the new couple who'd just bought Conch Republic Divers two or three years ago when I wad diving with the Operator across the highway. This weekend I hear Brenda telling how she & Gary were both engineers in Texas, who got laid off by their corporate employers almost the same day and found themselves looking for a new life in The Keys, as so many who have found their way here. Today, my old Operator across the hiway is closed and gone, and Capt Gary & Brenda are local industry leaders with activities in TV and many other areas.

Matt's main boat was staffed by some of the top people in the scuba industry, top computer geeks - since much of this is organized on ScubaBoard.com and DivingADream.org, TV producers from the Today Show and Deep Sea Detectives, and so forth. It kind of seemed like a Chinese Firedrill at times leaving the dock 3 hours late, but hey - they're inventing a whole new technology and giving hope to who knows how many other challenged and maybe depressed people.

Even the Captain of the chase boat was an inspiration to know. He suffered a crippling stroke 10 years ago this month, and his docs wanted to assign him to a nursing home to waste out his days, but he fought back - hard and heavy. Today, he's a little quiet natured and seems a bit old, but I don't know that the stroke really affected him - other than to give him a new learning opportunity.

Matt made 5 attempts to dive today, with us watching from the chase boat close enough we were told to quiet down as they were doing video with sound, and they incurred 5 "failures" - except they were just learning opportunities. Matt must have been exhausted, but he just said "Hey, tomorrow." He was still going strong at the huge dinner party when I left. We couldn't get enough boats for everyone tomorrow so Matt, his team and the media folks are going out on the main boat and I'm going out with the regular divers to drop down on the Eagle - one of my favorite Keys wrecks.

Some preview pics from today....

02-Day-06.jpg

I carry several cameas on trips, the Today Show carries a van full...
02-Day-20.jpg

02-Day-24.jpg

02-Day-02.jpg

02-Day-25.jpg

02-Day-34.jpg

02-Day-54.jpg

02-Day-56.jpg

02-Day-61.jpg

02-Day-62.jpg

02-Day-58.jpg

:hmmm:

Thanks for the pictures Don! I was at Lake Wazee for Matt's dive there and I can only imagine how much more of a production this trip is.

Way to go Matt! One thing that has always impressed me is your attitude and drive. Some "divers" would have packed it in before the boat left the dock. I have actually seen "divers" call it a day just because the captain was running late. You have a passion for diving. Hang in there and enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom