Everytime you think you've seen it all something new pops up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been getting a chuckle out of the "Where can you rent that??" post.

Last night, while on patrol, I drive by a chain link fenced yard with a 12' aluminum boat, oar's, rock hard horse collar PFD's and a bucket. A sign on it said "FOR RENT $15.00 a DAY".

Next to the boat was a set of 70's vintage Twin 72's with bands and web harness. On the single manifold was a Aqua Master double hose regulator. Sign said "For Rent $20.00 a Day". I hope they pay in advance because if anyone is stupid enough to rent this stuff I'll be booking it into evidence after the recovery.

Job security. Nobody was around for me to contact. I'll try over the next few days to see what they have to say.

Gary D.

WOW!! And I thought that some rental dive equipment was bad. Sounds like someone doesn't know what they are renting. You might be saving someone by calling and questioning them about their equiment. Especially if you tell them that you are a certified diver.

Gary D.:
I've been getting a chuckle out of the "Where can you rent that??" post.

Last night, while on patrol, I drive by a chain link fenced yard with a 12' aluminum boat, oar's, rock hard horse collar PFD's and a bucket. A sign on it said "FOR RENT $15.00 a DAY".

Next to the boat was a set of 70's vintage Twin 72's with bands and web harness. On the single manifold was a Aqua Master double hose regulator. Sign said "For Rent $20.00 a Day". I hope they pay in advance because if anyone is stupid enough to rent this stuff I'll be booking it into evidence after the recovery.

Job security. Nobody was around for me to contact. I'll try over the next few days to see what they have to say.

Gary D.

Your like joking right I mean what moron in there right mind would rent that.

Bob3:
eh? Somebody call? :wink:
lol oh yes plz let me rent that like 30 year old doubles.

Gary D, where in Post Falls, Idaho would somebody dive? Just curious as this isn't a place known as a diving mecca?

metaldector:
Gary D, where in Post Falls, Idaho would somebody dive? Just curious as this isn't a place known as a diving mecca?
Lots of water and lots of diving. Not just in Post Falls but all around the area. We have around 70 lakes in a 50-mile radius of where I live.

Here is a satellite pic. of some of our local water. This is Coeur d’Alene Lake. From this lake we can access around a dozen more. Look close and you can see lakes all throughout the photo. Not far from the lower right corner and almost touching CdA lake is Fernan where we had the drowning last week.

CdA Lake had dozens of old steamers in the lake ranging from 20’ to over 150’ long. Most are shallower than 150’.

Off the upper right of the white box is Hayden Lake. It's a 4000 acre 200' deep hot spot for the team. Lots of calls for just about everything.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=17&x=20&y=205&z=11&w=1

The next pic is Pend Oreille Lake. The lower tip is in our county but we can get called out for the whole area. This is the 5th largest lake in the U.S. outside the Great Lakes, the 5th deepest lake at 1485’, and one of the quietest lakes which is why there is a Navy Submarine Base in our county. We have nick named it Bahamas North because of the great vis. Which can be well over 100’.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=17&x=20&y=207&z=11&w=1

This is Priest Lake. Way to the north of us, around 50 miles, but crystal clear water. Great diving. Outside our county but we have been called up there a few times.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=17&x=20&y=209&z=11&w=1

Our Marine Division normally patrols 18 lakes and 54 miles of river on a daily basis. We have a lot more water we just respond to and don’t patrol.

See, we have more than SPUDS.

This Spuds for You. :eyebrow:

You can zoom in and move around the pics if you want.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Lots of water and lots of diving. Not just in Post Falls but all around the area. We have around 70 lakes in a 50-mile radius of where I live.

Here is a satellite pic. of some of our local water. This is Coeur d’Alene Lake. From this lake we can access around a dozen more. Look close and you can see lakes all throughout the photo. Not far from the lower right corner and almost touching CdA lake is Fernan where we had the drowning last week.

CdA Lake had dozens of old steamers in the lake ranging from 20’ to over 150’ long. Most are shallower than 150’.

Off the upper right of the white box is Hayden Lake. It's a 4000 acre 200' deep hot spot for the team. Lots of calls for just about everything.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=17&x=20&y=205&z=11&w=1

The next pic is Pend Oreille Lake. The lower tip is in our county but we can get called out for the whole area. This is the 5th largest lake in the U.S. outside the Great Lakes, the 5th deepest lake at 1485’, and one of the quietest lakes which is why there is a Navy Submarine Base in our county. We have nick named it Bahamas North because of the great vis. Which can be well over 100’.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=17&x=20&y=207&z=11&w=1

This is Priest Lake. Way to the north of us, around 50 miles, but crystal clear water. Great diving. Outside our county but we have been called up there a few times.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=17&x=20&y=209&z=11&w=1

Our Marine Division normally patrols 18 lakes and 54 miles of river on a daily basis. We have a lot more water we just respond to and don’t patrol.

See, we have more than SPUDS.

This Spuds for You. :eyebrow:

You can zoom in and move around the pics if you want.

Gary D.
Can't believe you left out the Spokane River! Holes, drift dives, trout, mud bugs. (Oh, and at least in Spokane, drownings in this river every year.)

Oh, and BTW, here's a picture of those tanks on a diver when they were new!

Rick Inman:
Can't believe you left out the Spokane River! Holes, drift dives, trout, mud bugs. (Oh, and at least in Spokane, drownings in this river every year.)

Oh, and BTW, here's a picture of those tanks on a diver when they were new!

Those are aluminum twin 90's nananana

I left out the Coeur d'Alene, Clark Fork and St. Joe rivers as well. We just have way to much water to list it all.

50+ pound Trout and Northern Pike (fresh water sharks :11: ) over 30 pounds are watching the divers looking for them to make a mistake. :wink:

Gary D.:
I left out the Coeur d'Alene, Clark Fork and St. Joe rivers as well.
Yeah, you just reminded me of last summer on the St. Joe. It was a day of fly fishing, and it was not going well. No hatch, not one fish rising all day, and so I broke down and switched to a subsurface nymph. Still, just a couple of small ones. So, I just happened to have my dive gear in the truck, which I put on and headed into the deep pool my friend and I were fishing. Right away I spoted three large cutthroats at the edge of a plunge on the right, and two more far left, hitting #10 caddis fly nympths at about 2 feet deep. I got out, re-rigged my fly rod and promptly caught and released three of the five fish - all over 15 inches.
My non-diving friend continues to call me "The Poacher" to this day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom